CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

24 minutes ago, Nova said:

No. It's a sequel that nobody asked for. 

Unlike films like CA3, KFP3, BvS....where people did want to see them. Those sequels were necessary, though. (Even though KFP3 performed lower than expected at the Box office & BvS was critically panned.)

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

34 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

I think Suicide Squad has a real opportunity to blow the doors open if its as entertaining as the trailers make it look. It has recognizable stars, iconic characters and the marketing has been on point. The only thing that could kill it at this point would be bad reviews

I agree - if it has strong reviews released early then Skwad will be a huge, huge success.

39 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

When it opens to 166m with great anticipation and marketing, and fails to make 2x it's OW, that is called tanking.

I don't think you know what that word means.

• Like 6

BVS had laughable legs, both domestic and overseas. 

X-Men Apocalypse might underperform, but it won't drop that much and I bet it'll have a better multiplier. Hell, even Fantastic Four had a better multiplier than BVS. London Has Fallen also had a better multiplier.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

The problem is that TMNT2, IDR, Conjuring, even Dory on a smaller scale, Star Trek, Bourne, Ghostbusters, all will suffer from the same problem :lol: 

if that's the case, the great hollywood crash will have finally begun:o

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I sincerely hope not, Disney is too by numbers, even a bad X-men film is on par with most Marvel films

No, their not. 

IM2 is my least favorite Marvel movie and I'd watch it over X3 and Origins:Wolverine any day lol

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

Used a free ticket to get into X-Men.  It starts in 20 minutes so I will see what all the possible meh is about :P

It's not bad, just kinda there and rote.

I'm seeing Alice 2 today. I really enjoyed the first movie so maybe I'll enjoy this one too. Or not.

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I honestly don't see how CIVIL WAR ends up under 400M Domestic at this point??? After this weekend, it'll be damn close..

Under Iron Man 3 and under 400M are two different things. 

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't think you know what that word means.

I do. It can be used as "tanked after the open" Therefore it tanked.  You're usage is exclusively  

USinformal
fail completely, especially at great financial cost.

There is more than one meaning for every word and they can be interpreted.  Most will say it failed as a picture, and there is great financial cost in what they have to do about its franchise future.

I'm amazed how the DC fanboys @CJohn @Baumer deny the piracy effect on CW and incessantly continur to defend an obvious major disappointment.

I'm neutral. I'm with Spielberg. I look forward to all of them tanking and some new things come along.  

HOW DO YOU KNOW DC FAN BOYS SO WELL?

quote-i-think-of-a-man-and-i-take-away-r

• Like 1