ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

Well, the book was fun but I think the ending would have lacked something on the big screen, which is probably why I can see by the trailer that he's actually changed it a bit. Even though I've seen a few fans complaining about the changes I believe they are completely understandable.

Either way the book is no master piece but it does fit Tim Burton's style pretty well and if done well it should make for a couple of really fun hours away from the real world.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-projections-magnificent-seven-guns-down-solid-debut-storks-underwhelms/

One reason for the lack of moviegoer interest this weekend could be due to the surging buzz for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, which is set to bow next week and hopes to capture a similar young audience.

:qotd:

• Like 2

On 9/23/2016 at 7:55 AM, DAJK said:

Had a dream this had 20% on Rotten Tomatoes. And then my boss scheduled me as the only employee on a Tuesday night and this sold out and I was dying in the concession like "WHY IS THIS DOING SO WELL, IT GOT BAD REVIEWS!"

Lol, I love that this is probably the only place I will ever find other people besides me that have dreamed about the box office. :P

• Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 9:55 AM, DAJK said:

Had a dream this had 20% on Rotten Tomatoes. And then my boss scheduled me as the only employee on a Tuesday night and this sold out and I was dying in the concession like "WHY IS THIS DOING SO WELL, IT GOT BAD REVIEWS!"

I was gonna say "Get some new dreams!" but I had one recently where I went to see Moana with my 22-year old sister. 

• Like 3

Yeah, the lack of reviews so late shows there's an embargo or something. They should be coming in any time now though...

Anyways, a small and recent interview with Tim Burton about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/movies/tim-burton-interview-miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children.html

Some cool images in it:

25PEREGRINE-COMBO2-master675.jpg

25PEREGRINE-COMBO3-master675.jpg

25PEREGRINE-COMBO4-blog427.jpg