kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

Again actuals better then estimates.

Wonder Woman added $15.5m from 64 markets, a drop of just 36% in its fifth weekend, for $363.4m internationally. The film stands at $709.6m worldwide.

Top holdovers for Patty Jenkins’ tentpole include Brazil, where the film sits at number two and ranks as Warner Bros’ third biggest release ever after adding $1.7m for $29.9m following a 31% drop. France gained 2% over last weekend and produced $1.7m for $13.2m.

Australia produced $1.4m for $19.8m, Germany $1.3m for $7m after three weekends, Spain $1.1m in week two for $4.8m, and the UK generated $1.2m for $26.3m.

China remains the top market by a large margin on $88.5m, followed by Mexico on $22m, South Korea on $15.5m, Taiwan on $10.6m, and Philippines on $10.5m. Japan will be the final market to open in late August.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/despicable-me-3-grosses-956m-internationally-update/5119594.article?blocktitle=INTERNATIONAL-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40079

Edited by Caramba
  • Like 3

Wow! Seems like Wonder Woman will be the biggest superhero origin film, after all. 

Overtaking Deadpool's $783M (w/o China) gross.

Though maybe not for long with Spidey already swinging overseas.

Edited by KathNiel

11 minutes ago, KathNiel said:

Wow! Seems like Wonder Woman will be the biggest superhero origin film, after all. 

Overtaking Deadpool's $783M (w/o China) gross.

Though maybe not for long with Spidey already swinging overseas.

Spider-Man (2002)

• Like 1

I do not see the behaviour of WW too bad comparing it with other CBMs. Excluding China, it has done $274m so far, and I guess it could approach to $300m. Without China, Winter Soldier did $339m (already a sequel and after Avengers) and Guardians of the Galaxy $343m, both with better ER and very well received too. Maybe the great DOM run makes European runs look poor, but I do not think these European runs are much worse than for other CBMs cases.

On 6/29/2017 at 0:17 PM, keysersoze123 said:

problem is he is desperate to create all OS threads like the earliest possible date. That makes his life difficult in managing it all. I hope @mods would set a rule limiting number of threads per user. 

That is very rude to say. I don't update the titles until actuals come out. What do you want me to do? Update the threads every day? I am not like some of the people here who make threads and leave them barren after a few weeks.

You people surely don't know how to be grateful. wtf

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, teardropmina said:

forget about it, they don't deserve Diana:)

though at least hope UK would give the sequel some standard cbm sequel jump. 

Well, I'm one of these Europeans who watched it :P I loved it so I don't understand why it wasn't more successful than that.....

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

That is very rude to say. I don't update the titles until actuals come out. What do you want me to do? Update the threads every day? I am not like some of the people here who make threads and leave them barren after a few weeks.

You people surely don't know how to be grateful. wtf

Great job, thank you for that :)

3 hours ago, peludo said:

I do not see the behaviour of WW too bad comparing it with other CBMs. Excluding China, it has done $274m so far, and I guess it could approach to $300m. Without China, Winter Soldier did $339m (already a sequel and after Avengers) and Guardians of the Galaxy $343m, both with better ER and very well received too. Maybe the great DOM run makes European runs look poor, but I do not think these European runs are much worse than for other CBMs cases.

We need to be honest, that's not good...Europe has a huge potential as a market, when it's really exciting about a movie it can gross more than in the US. Given that potential it's pretty disappointing most of the time.

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

We need to be honest, that's not good...Europe has a huge potential as a market, when it's really exciting about a movie it can gross more than in the US. Given that potential it's pretty disappointing most of the time.

I think it has a very simple explanation: Europe do not love superhero films like US do. Those are characters created in USA. It is a very local product. They adore them and now they are trying to expand. I do not know why Asia and Latin America love this kind of films more than Europe. But in the same way, you can ask yourself why you would not expect enormous figures from Asterix or Tintin in USA or Asia, for instance. Just tastes.

Europe is not as excited by this kind of films as other parts of the world, and I think that is quite clear since a long time ago. For this reason, I do not get why people are surprised about WW behaviour. Europe prefer other franchises (Middle Earth, Harry Potter, Bond, ... franchises which are not so loved in other parts of the world). Not everything can be loved everywhere.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, peludo said:

I think it has a very simple explanation: Europe do not love superhero films like US do. Those are characters created in USA. It is a very local product. They adore them and now they are trying to expand. I do not know why Asia and Latin America love this kind of films more than Europe. But in the same way, you can ask yourself why you would not expect enormous figures from Asterix or Tintin in USA or Asia, for instance. Just tastes.

Europe is not as excited by this kind of films as other parts of the world, and I think that is quite clear since a long time ago. For this reason, I do not get why people are surprised about WW behaviour. Europe prefer other franchises (Middle Earth, Harry Potter, Bond, ... franchises which are not so loved in other parts of the world). Not everything can be loved everywhere.

That's different. This comicbook culture existed in Europe for quite a long time. In the 90s and 2000s we already had cartoons featuring Marvel/DC characters, these are universes, characters, brands we already know in Europe, there's nothing new.

Plus, these comicbook are now very diversified : Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy are all very different from each other.

As a result I think Europe should do better when it comes to these movies. I suspect some people still think they're only for teens or geeks...My mom wouldn't see these movies if she had to choose, but when she asks me what's good then I tell her to see these films then she's satisfied after watching (I did it with GOTG2 and WW, she watched them and loved them both). I really suspect people lack curiosity or have bias, but that shouldn't exist in 2017 because these comicbook movies are part of our habits and cultures now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

That's different. This comicbook culture existed in Europe for quite a long time. In the 90s and 2000s we already had cartoons featuring Marvel/DC characters, these are universes, characters, brands we already know in Europe, there's nothing new.

Plus, these comicbook are now very diversified : Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy are all very different from each other.

As a result I think Europe should do better when it comes to these movies. I suspect some people still think they're only for teens or geeks...My mom wouldn't see these movies if she had to choose, but when she asks me what's good then I tell her to see these films then she's satisfied after watching (I did it with GOTG2 and WW, she watched them and loved them both). I really suspect people lack curiosity or have bias, but that shouldn't exist in 2017 because these comicbook movies are part of our habits and cultures now.

I can agree with some parts, but I still do not think that comicbooks are a part of our culture, or at least, not an essential part. The fact that we are being invaded by 6-7 films a year about the same genre do not automatically imply that every country has adopted that product as something as its own. You need something more. I see it more like an imposition: producers insist on this kind of products and Latin America and Asia have bought it, but Europe still not. GA have started to know these characters (beyond Superman, Batman and Spider-man) just 9 years ago with Iron Man. And the popularity has obviously increased along these years, but not enough to match other characters, way more loved in Europe. Maybe unknowledge, maybe prejudices make CBMs films to be not attractive for European people. And the OS figures are a clear proof of it.

Will CBMs be part of our culture within some years/decades? Maybe, and it is even probable. But for the moment I see them as a secondary part of our habits. But I do not think there is anything wrong with it. Just different tastes.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1