La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

8 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Really? the movie looked like it was made with no more than 150m.  Looks like the cast mas expensive indeed.

Yeh, over $40m from the Ghostbusters budget is for talent, too ($14m for Melissa, $10m+ for Feig, $10m for Wiig, then Hemsworth, Jones and McKinnon).

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, over $40m from the Ghostbusters budget is for talent, too ($14m for Melissa, $10m+ for Feig, $10m for Wiig, then Hemsworth, Jones and McKinnon).

Bullshit!  Do you have  source for those salaries?  Why would Wiig get 10 million?

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

No series that had a second installment this year will have a third installment. (Unless you count the DCCU)

I think Conjuring can get a third film given how cheap they're made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

No series that had a second installment this year will have a third installment. (Unless you count the DCCU)

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think Conjuring can get a third film given how cheap they're made.

ID:R could get a sequel too.

EDIT:

OUIJA 2 is releasing later this year with a budget of 6m.

OUIJA 1 one made 103m WW (50m Dom, 53m OS) on a 5m budget.

So they have managed to keep the budget in check.

If OUIJA 2 makes ~60m WW, OUIJA 3 could happen.

If the 3rd one is also budgeted at <10m, even 40m WW could be worth it despite the marketing costs.

Edited by a2knet

5 hours ago, Goffe said:

I'm noticing a pattern about your film taste... it's not good. :P

I'm pretty sure I dislike many of the movies you really like as well, that's just how it is. :P

Besides, Jupiter is not an A for me but it is a solid B. Fun movie.

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Downey's Jr paycheck alone is at least 40-50 million.

Most of RDJ's $ is backend and wouldn't be factored into the budget

18 minutes ago, picores said:

120m budget for BFG seems great after seeing the trailer. Spielberg always manage to do blockbusters with reasonable budgets.

Considering the CG, $120m is reasonable but it probably helps that Mark Rylance isn't commanding a huge paycheck. Spielberg managed to do Tintin on a $135m budget which is impressive considering the talent involved and the technology.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think Universal doesn't want to do Pacific Rim 2 but Legendary does. 

Should be pretty easy for the two companies to work out a deal where Universal only has to put up 25% of the production budget or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Should be pretty easy for the two companies to work out a deal where Universal only has to put up 25% of the production budget or so.

Apparently Universal has put up only 25% of Warcraft as well, but will get an equal share of any money, including China where Universal isn't even involved in releasing the movie. Sweet deal they got, very similar to what WB worked out with Legendary for Pacific Rim and Godzilla - all of the upside, almost none of the downside.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think Universal doesn't want to do Pacific Rim 2 but Legendary does. 

As much as I liked the movie, I'm surprised either of them want a sequel. It probably cost $285M after marketing, and the studio's cut of the WW gross was somewhere around $159M. They probably got another $41.6M from home video sales, still leaving the movie $84.3M in the red before considering VOD revenue (which I can't find numbers for). Did the merchandise sell like hotcakes or something?

• Like 1