FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1. Amazing for Dory

2. Queen Dory was always going to rule.

3. Goes to show how Nemo arguably is the most popular animated film among Millenniala

4. Fuck the haters 

5. This will DESTROY the record

6. Tired of Tele's apathetic posts. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Pets will pass Dory. The brainwashing will wear off by next weekend and Dory Will drop 70%. 

I don't get the fascination with Pixar.

Lmfao,  come on now Baumer quit trying to stir the pot. You know that won't happen in any reality. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

Lol at the notion that people are being brainwashed into watching films.

I know some people love Michael Bay and Zach Snyder, I will never understand the love, but I'm not going to assert that people are brainwashed into liking them.

• Like 1

Here's my final projections for the weekend. Numbers in red are either not my numbers (generally the new films) or estimates of mine that I am not at all confident in (generally the movies on their second weekends). Also, does anybody know how to make tables with this forum software? Because I can't get this shit to line up correctly.

Finding Dory                                                         $127.5M              $395M (3.1x)

Central Intelligence                                               $36.5M                $110M (3.01x)

The Conjuring 2                                                    $19.1M (-52.6%)  $119M (2.96x)

Now You See Me 2                                                $10.6M (-52.4%)  $66.8M (2.98x)

Warcraft                                                              $8.25M (-65.8%)  $59.2M (2.45x)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows  $7.25M (-49.6%)  $90.7M (2.57x)

Me Before You                                                      $5.42M (-40%)    $62.1M (3.32x)

The Angry Birds Movie                                           $4.4M (-32.8%)   $113M (2.97x)

X-Men: Apocalypse                                               $4.23M (-57.4%)  $151M (1.89x)

Alice Through the Looking Glass                             $3.62M (-35.8%)  $79.8M (2.38x)

Captain America: Civil War                                    $2.47M (-42.8%)  $405M (2.26x)

2 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

Lol at the notion that people are being brainwashed into watching films.

I know some people love Michael Bay and Zach Snyder, I will never understand the love, but I'm not going to assert that people are brainwashed into liking them.

There are some people surely brainwashed to call everything Marvel does a goddamn masterpiece, trash any other not fun super-hero movie that doesn't follow the Marvel formula and immediately hate everything with the names Snyder and Bay attached. It is true. All of it. 

But Dory is not brainwashing anyone. Everyone loved Nemo. All my friends in the early 20s want to see it. Shit is gonna blow up OS as well. It was always meant to be.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Will let's get quality out of the way/

Finding Dory is totes better

44 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Let's not go there. I haven't seen FD yet but TS3 was probably my best theater experience ever. I was hyped over a year in advance, finally saw it at midnight, and I've never walked out of a theater and back home so emotionally fulfilled before.

DORY and TS3 are both about 7/10. 

15 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

yeah im pretty sure they are declining revenues are kinda of big deal for the biggest asset a compnay has its why all those people are leaving and its still happening disney stock has taken a pounding this past year because of it 

Disney makes a large chunk of its profits—almost 50%—from the sports network, and investors are concerned that its growth and profitability are being hampered by a loss of subscribers due to “cord cutting.”

As long as there is 'sports' ESPN will be fine. One down time doesn't mean jack shit. JFC.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

TELE

eh I have no interest in mainstream films like dory or civil war but I was there opening weekend for batman vs superman....

He already saw Dory so I am not sure what you are talking about ;) 

He also already explained he was having a meeting with friends he hadn't seen in a while to see BvS.

And lastly, people have the right to see whatever the fuck they want or not want in theaters. 

Pets will do well but it would need to have Inside Out style WOM to beat Dory and it's not going to happen. The reviews basically confirm that it's a typical Illumination film so it'll probably have a $65-75m OW and end up doing $250-260m which is still very good for an original animated film

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dory will annihilate IDR, Tarzan and Disney's own BFG (like I have been saying for a long time now, Disney doesn't give a single fuck about The BFG). 

Pets arrives on Dory's fourth week end tho and it will be the moment of truth.

Are these films worth watching? I haven't seen them. 

Cars

Ratatouille

WALL-E

Up

Toy Story 3

Cars 2

Brave

Monsters University 

Inside Out

The Good Dinosaur 

Finding Dory

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

As long as there is 'sports' ESPN will be fine. One down time doesn't mean jack shit. JFC.

its being going down for years its lost almost 20% of its subsicres over the past few years this is an ongoing problem  and a pretty major one for disney its films are its current saving grace and its properties are great but cable and espn are them ost important parts of the company and they are collapsing 

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Crazy-Number-Subscribers-ESPN-Has-Lost-2013-141957.html

its kinda of a big problem 

Short of Ellen DeGeneres being involved in a horrific crime and becoming this generation's O.J, I am willing to bet anything that Dory doesn't drop anymore than 60 percent max next weekend. C'mon now. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

TELE

eh I have no interest in mainstream films like dory or civil war but I was there opening weekend for batman vs superman....

I saw DORY last Sunday, you silly goose. :P 

Still not much interested in seeing CIVIL WAR.

• Like 1