baumer

Monday Numbers (Dory)...20M or just under RTH

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@cannastop  I didn't know I changed ;) 

Well, I guess there hasn't been a good movie released since Zootopia that you can try to buzzkill.

Anyways, you said that Shrek 2 was the first movie you saw in a theater. Were you sheltered as a kid or something.

1 hour ago, James said:

What about when HP1 took the OW record from SW and became the 2nd highest grossing WW movie after Titanic? :P Gosh, I wish I was there those days, but I got into the Potter fever pretty late (I think when OotP opened in cinemas).

This is just nitpicking but Harry Potter 1 took the OW record from The Lost World, not Star Wars :jedi:

Star Wars Episode I never had the OW record :ph34r: 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This is just nitpicking but Harry Potter 1 took the OW record from The Lost World, not Star Wars :jedi:

Star Wars Episode I never had the OW record :ph34r: 

If TMP hadn't been released on a Wednesday, it would have had the opening weekend record, at least at the time anyway.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, I guess there hasn't been a good movie released since Zootopia that you can try to buzzkill.

Anyways, you said that Shrek 2 was the first movie you saw in a theater. Were you sheltered as a kid or something.

Buzzkill?! Lol more about managing expectations (doesn't always work - looks at my participation in the ID42 club as proof of that)

And sheltered? You could say that... I was 17, and didn't even have a TV until I was 13. ;) 

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

YES DORY! SLAY ALL THE NAYSAYERS AND THE COMPETITION! SLAYYYY

7 hours ago, Baumer said:

What naysayers?  Me, Cjohn and Tele?

Damn senior citizens and their "classics". 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Dory will beat Shrek 2 for sure. With strong weekdays it will have a good multi. Th`is is not a super hero movie.

Normally I would agree with you that it's a lock to beat it, but this summers multis have been catastrophic even for the well reviewed films. So can't say for sure because of that, but I do think it made just enough on OW to have an excellent chance of beating S2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlo245 said:

$131,141

-35.1% / 78.2%

305 / $430

$339,638,383 / 109

Zootopia though! :o I know it's coming off a deflated Sunday but it's still impressive. Really showing of its sexy late legs B)

Drive-ins, man. Gotta love em.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Today USA plays against Argentina at the America's Cup.

Tuesday could be worst than usual.

Not that big of a deal. It has nowhere near the amount of media coverage as the NBA finals did.

• Like 1