baumer

Wednesday'number from RTH for Dory 18M

I'm a sucker for kid's films. Mostly Disney/Pixar, but I'll see most things my son wants to see. He dragged me to Minions for his birthday movie. It was the worst. We are several levels below bottom-of-the-barrel Dreamworks here. Made me tear up over how much I missed Shark Tale here. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JeepCSC said:

I'm a sucker for kid's films. Mostly Disney/Pixar, but I'll see most things my son wants to see. He dragged me to Minions for his birthday movie. It was the worst. We are several levels below bottom-of-the-barrel Dreamworks here. Made me tear up over how much I missed Shark Tale here. 

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

What's the record of most 300m+ films in a single year by one studio? It has to be this year's Disney right?

It will be soon. The current record is 3 - a tie between last year's Disney, last year's Universal, and this year's Disney.

Edited by Murgatroyd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

@mahnamahna no way Despicable Me 3 makes less than 300m! Not after the 2nd and Minions (while not a direct sequel) were all big hits and generally well recieved.  

DM3 will easily pass $300M. As long as those cute little things still running around wreaking havoc.

5 minutes ago, zackzack said:

DM3 will easily pass $300M. As long as those cute little things still running around wreaking havoc.

I'm not so sure. There's a limit to how much people can tolerate things like that, even the Minions. 

• Like 3

A 75m 2nd weekend will leave DORY ~215m from 500m.

That's 2.87x (215/75) off the 2nd weekend more.

In comparison,

MINIONS did 2.44x (49.27m 2nd weekend; added 120.23m more to it's cume)

INSIDE OUT did 3.27x (52.32 2nd weekend; added 171.35m more to it's cume)

Splitting the difference between MINIONS(2.44x) and INSIDE OUT(3.27x) you get 2.86x, pretty much exactly what DORY needs.

Also, if things get close enough, Disney will also get it over anyways.

So there's a realistic shot at 500m. I certainly see 480m+.

• Like 2

-10% will give DORY 16m for Thursday. Put's it on track for 75-80m weekend.

23m Friday (+45%)

31m Sat (+35%)

23m Sun (-26%)

77m weekend

Edited by a2knet

Finally seen Dory. It was pretty good. Not an all time classic by Pixar or anything, but certainly their best sequel besides Toy Story 2 and 3 by a comfortable margin. Would probably put in between the ballmarks of  A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc.

We need to see a Finding Hank in the future, though. And a Finding Sad Oyster too.

Saw Dory today ... pretty good, it has its moments and never jumps the shark (hmmm ... do sharks ever even appear in this?) but nothing really special. Not nearly as good as the Jungle Book, or Zootopia. So to state the obvious, this film is milking the incredible good-will of Nemo.

Better than Monster's University, though.  65/100.