baumer

Wednesday'number from RTH for Dory 18M

Hi my name is baumer and dory wont pass 450m and anyone who calls me stupid for it is an abrasive dick. Kthxbye

Awww

don't ever change Noctis.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free State of Tele said:

By and large, I think they're good movies. They just don't excite me. I did think IO broke the mold a bit.

tbf, there are several of theirs that I skipped over the last few years. I think that'd become the norm for me, except I have a son now. He likes them and so I like watching them with him. 

Kids are a good reason to go and Pixar films / animated films in general. I know try and take my 2 along when I can. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fastclock said:

Well some things that might be thought provoking in Dory:

Reveal hidden contents

Those are all wonderful messages to have in a movie, especially a family film, but I wouldn't call them "thought-provoking".

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:WHATanabe:

It does...so do a lot of horror movies.....but for some reason you put those same themes in a Pixar Cartoon and everyone praises them for their deep and resonating themes.

15 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

I didn't stay for the end credits. Can someone spoiler-tag the end stinger for me?

Spoiler

The sea lions are sitting on their rock continuing their daily ritual and then the Tank Gang from the original pops up from the water still in their plastic bags from the end of the first movie before they are scooped up by a boat and taken to quarantine. Once the two sea lions move from their rock, everyone's new favorite hero Gerald climbs back on.

• Like 1

I think it's all in delivery. Pixar is getting those praises because they take those themes and make it quite easily digestably. Plus, they put those themes in front.

With horror movies, Twilight and whatnot, it's very very easy to overlook those themes. Especially with horror movies. I swear there's a deep moral story somewhere in Conjuring 2, but I'm too scared shitless to notice it the first time.

Edited by Captain H

We grade on a curve whenever people call a blockbuster smart and thought-provoking they just mean their brain didn't melt while they watched it

• Like 1