WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

‘Dory’ Still The Big Fish With $62M+, ‘ID4’ Sequel In High $40Ms, ‘Shallows’ Rides A Wave Toward $13M – Midday B.O.

independence day resurgence

Only 62m+?  Or is this just another silly projection?

That would pretty much require Dory not to increase today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

ID4 2 is on track for a $55M opening and a $150M total IMO. Honestly not that bad for a wildly untimely sequel that didn't have a fresh hook to it.

I don't see it having legs that good. 55m / 130m would be the best scenario if you asked me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

http://deadline.com/2016/06/independence-day-resurgence-finding-dory-shallows-free-state-of-jones-neon-demon-weekend-box-office-1201778773/

‘Dory’ Still The Big Fish With $62M+, ‘ID4’ Sequel In High $40Ms, ‘Shallows’ Rides A Wave Toward $13M – Midday B.O.

hope these numbers go up. That Dory fall seems kind of harsh

Edited by John Marston

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

I forgot Star Trek.  I'm looking forward to that.  But I'll see them both.  I don't think the others will target the same audience.  However, I'm not sure what IA5 is.

Id say ID42 will benefit from minimal tentpoles until July 22. Could get a 3x if its 4-day is strong enough

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

"20th Century Fox’s Independence Day: Resurgence likely to post a Friday between $18M-$19M four a weekend in the high $40M range at 4,068 venues. Where this Roland Emmerich pic, at an estimated production cost of $165M-$200M, is expected to deliver is overseas with a projected $100M-$150M from China, Russia, Latin America and the United Kingdom. Last night, Resurgence generated $4M from 3,200 theaters, a number that’s on par with what Paramount’s Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation delivered in its first night. Current Rotten Tomatoes rating is 40% from 87 reviews. Sony’s The Shallows is look quite healthy with an estimated $5M Friday on its way to a projected $13M at 2,962 locations."

Per "Deadline."

Is ID4 really doing that well in those other territories? Because China is looking like $35-40M this weekend. 

7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

http://deadline.com/2016/06/independence-day-resurgence-finding-dory-shallows-free-state-of-jones-neon-demon-weekend-box-office-1201778773/

The Dory number can't possibly be right

2 hours ago, The Pandaren said:

Only 62m+?  Or is this just another silly projection?

That would pretty much require Dory not to increase today.

Deadline probably doesn't want to change their prediction / apparent reports, and they have no really numbers to go by either. Dory is most certainly increasing on Friday, it's nearly nigh impossible for a film not to, unless it's a poorly received horror film or something.

I also remember when Deadline ignorantly held on to the idea of Inside Out only opening with around 60m for so long, because they refused to go by anything other then tracking numbers. I suspect something similar will probably happen with Dory.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1