Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Since I'm not going back into the Dory thread (too much MK-Ultra stuff in there)....I'll just say it here:

Fuck that stupid fish.

So my long post in your defense was in vain?

damn. Fuck that stupid fish then

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Since I'm not going back into the Dory thread (too much MK-Ultra stuff in there)....I'll just say it here:

Fuck that stupid fish.

Oh HELL no. You go back and look at my last post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dory vs Pets next Week end will tell us how far that delicate flower called Dory can go.

The problem is, I don't know that Pets is going to be very strong at the BO.

I've sort of noticed that out of the entirety of June, there were only 2 REALLY good movies that I really liked (Dory and Conjuring). 4that were "okay/decent" (Turtles, Central, Me Before You, Shallows) 2 that were "meh" (Warcraft and Jones) and 2 that were BAD (ID4 and NYSM2). Didn't see Popstar.

Not a great month tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

What boggles my mind is that The Purge movies don't even have great reviews from critics or users. It's weird that this is the third film to consistently do well. Usually a franchise with the ratings that The Purge has would have fallen flat on its face.

I think most fans who would watch a movie that doesn't give a crap about life also don't give a crap about ratings, lol.

Edited by UrosepsisFace

2 hours ago, Nova said:

What boggles my mind is that The Purge movies don't even have great reviews from critics or users. It's weird that this is the third film to consistently do well. Usually a franchise with the ratings that The Purge has would have fallen flat on its face.

Violence is so in today.

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I've sort of noticed that out of the entirety of June, there were only 2 REALLY good movies that I really liked (Dory and Conjuring). 4that were "okay/decent" (Turtles, Central, Me Before You, Shallows) 2 that were "meh" (Warcraft and Jones) and 2 that were BAD (ID4 and NYSM2). Didn't see Popstar.

Not a great month tbh.

May was terrible.

The Purge has done a very good job of leveraging its premise into something that is fresh from a concept and marketing standpoint. The first one sold a killer (hehe) concept but failed on the execution. The second promised to show people what they wanted to see from the original movie and made it clear from the marketing. And the third one has taken advantage of the craziest election ever for a unique twist on the Purge concept. The Purge concept will eventually become stale, but for now each has been a success in marketing and differentiating itself from the previous film in the series.

• Like 9