WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Awesome number for Pets. Quick good for  Mike and Dave as well. It might open to 20m. Pets is looking at best OW for a non-sequel.

If it does RIP IO's record :sadben: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

47 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It's funny how people sparked to a concept that's basically just Toy Story with your pets instead of your toys. 

It's funny how every movie copies another movie in some way or another.

• Like 4

Just now, druv10 said:

Year of the animation continues. Zootopia, "The Jungle book", Finding Dory and now Pets.

It'll be interesting to see if Storks, Moana, Trolls and Sing can be solid hits. I think Storks will be over $100m for sure and I think Sing while I think it won't reach the heights of Pets and DM/Minions will be $140-150m domestically unless it really sucks

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Incredible for mediocre film!

Regardless of how it is received, the marketing for it has been absolutely stellar.

• Like 6

Animation vs CBM 

DORY over CW by 115m

ZOOTP over BVS by 12m

PETS under DP by 62m (assuming 301m for PETS)

So,

DORY + ZOOTP + PETS over CW + BVS + DP by ~65m

MOANA + KFP3 + ANIMATION#6(?) have a 65m cushion  to beat SS + DS + APOC, for the 6 biggest animations this year to defeat the 6 CBMs this year at combined DOM BO.

• Like 1