kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING | 546.0 M overseas ● 880.2 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Given what the Amazing films would look like with 2017 exchange rates, this is definitely a healthy bounceback, even if box office enthusiasts continue yo overpredict MCU films. 

+1

Spiderman is a powerhouse merchandise seller. SMH makes Spiderman relevant again as a moviev franchise even while being overexposed with 6 solo movies in 15 years.

• Like 1

If it gets more 100 million domestic, 100 million in China and another 100 million from overseas grosses, this movie still ends with less than 800 million worldwide.

By the way, I don't think it's getting more 100 million domestic or 100 million in China. Maybe a little less. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

TASM 1 made 757 million 5 years ago. In 2017, this number is up to 807 million. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Homecoming is the highest grossing Spidey movie in India with 50 Crore, more or less $15m

It's opening was 3rd among all spider man films, but wom is excellent so it will end up as highest grossing. Good. India didn't disappoint. Let's see if China reciprocates.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If it gets more 100 million domestic, 100 million in China and another 100 million from overseas grosses, this movie still ends with less than 800 million worldwide.

By the way, I don't think it's getting more 100 million domestic or 100 million in China. Maybe a little less. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

TASM 1 made 757 million 5 years ago. In 2017, this number is up to 807 million. 

Exchange rates are far less advantageous than in 2014, you cannot compare.

• Like 2

With another $72.3M in its offshore web, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecominghas swung to a $261.1M cume in 63 markets.

Korea is over-indexing with a No. 1 hold and a further $11.9M to take the local haul to $42.2M. The Jon Watts-helmed reboot is now the top Spider-Man movie in that market and the biggest Hollywood release of the year there.

In Brazil and Mexico, Spidey was No. 1 again, dropping by 44% across the Latin America region. Brazil’s 2nd session was worth $5.7M from 1,385 screens, off 38%, for a cume of $19.4M. That’s also a record for the franchise as the biggest Spider-Manmovie ever. Mexico now has $20.4M in Peter Parker’s locker as families embrace the new take.

In new swings, France debuted at No. 1 with $6M, and Germany opened at No. 2 (behind Despicable Me 3) to $3.7M (including previews). The UK cume is $21.9M. Australia now has caught $14.5M.

Markets still to release include Belgium, Spain, Japan, and China. In IMAX, the global total is $30M.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

I don't know how some of these "experts" keeps their day job some times

2 hours ago, jb007 said:

+1

If this dude is an "Expert" on Box Office, most people on BOT would qualify as a "genius" ;)

Mendelson is a general movie reviewer who does occasional pieces on box-office and other movie-related things. I certainly wouldn't call him a box-office expert and I doubt he'd refer to himself like that either. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Mendelson is a general movie reviewer who does occasional pieces on box-office and other movie-related things. I certainly wouldn't call him a box-office expert and I doubt he'd refer to himself like that either. 

It is obvious that his box office know how is very limited based on his assessment of SMH final total.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 0:42 PM, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

Mendelsohn is actually a box office focused writer who also does reviews. He writes about 3 box office focused pieces a day and I'd imagine that he would absolutely consider himself an expert. Check out his page - it is literally all box office analysis. Even his reviews begin with the box office prospects of the given film.

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming has raced to $284.5m through Sony Pictures Releasing International, while Edgar Wright’s career-high film Baby Driver stands at $25.9m outside North America and $103m worldwide.

Is that up until wed?