MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Bourne is going to be big internationally too. Wouldn't be surprised if it does 500WW

It's doing awful in Brazil so far, and decent to good in Australia and the UK. But the exchange rates will hit hit hard as well.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's doing awful in Brazil so far, and decent to good in Australia and the UK. But the exchange rates will hit hit hard as well.

The Australian OW was pointing towards a 65M DOM OW. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Looking up trailer views for September and October no movie really has that many views (all for the most recent trailer on the most viewed video, * if it's the first trailer):

Sully: 5.4M*

Blair Witch: 4.3M* (Sort of; first trailer as Blair Witch)

Jack Reacher: 3.5M*

Mag 7: 3.4M

Peregrine: 3.3M

Storks: 3.1M

Inferno: 2.6M

Bridget Jones: 2.5M*

Middle School: 1.9M

Morgan: 1.8M*

A Monster Calls: 1.7M

Ouija: 1.7M*

Deepwater: 1.5M

Edge of Seventeen: 1.1M*

Joneses: 867k*

Light Between Oceans: 791k*

Madea: 783k*

Girl on the Train: 700k

What Now: 573k*

The Accountant: 550k (just came out but it won't get that many views)

Birth of a Nation: 320k

Wild Life: 234k*

Hillsong: 28k 

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Accountant has 1M on the WB posted trailer from 2 days ago, and 550k on WB UK. The Storks trailer actually has almost more views than the Storks teaser (should beat it soon), that is pretty good TBH.

That is a silly way to look at it. Most often than not trailers get more views from FB than from YT. For example, the new trailer for The Accountant already has over 6m views on FB. Or the most recent Storks trailer has over 7m on FB.

Other movies, like Fantastic Beasts or Arthur are absolute beasts (no pun intended) on FB and less so on YT.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Decent in Australia? It's on pace for about a 6-7 mill ow. That's not decent that's pretty good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

For the hell of it, November and December (same rules):

Rogue One: 40.2M*

Assassin's Creed: 15.3M*

Doctor Strange: 11.4M

Trolls: 6.8M

Bye Bye Man: 5.3M*

Sing: 4.2M

Fantastic Beasts: 3.8M

Moana: 3.8M (International; the main is at 7M)

Almost Christmas: 2.4M*

Why Him: 2M*

Billy Lynn: 1.8M*

Space Between Us: 716k*

Hacksaw Ridge: 478k* (Just came out yesterday)

Office Christmas Party: 433k*

Rules Don't Apply: 334k*

Bad Santa: 275k*

No Passengers?

19 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Damn. Didn't realize Boutne's budget was only 120m. With the OW it's looking to have and eventual overall box office, I would expect another one. 

Mag7 and Passengers aren't touching 200m. 

I don't know about Mag7 but I think and hope you are wrong on Passengers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I am legit shocked that Bad Moms is the only opener that's Fresh on RT. Thought it would get like a single digits score based on the trailers.

Yeah I thought it looked AWFUL (like SEX TAPE awful) but maybe it was just poorly cut trailers, also I'm certainly not in its main demo

Bad moms is just one more example of how most people at this site can't read adult skewing films. There is absolutely no interest in the Bad mom's thread and when people first saw the trailer for it they all said it would probably disappoint or bomb or not do well or anything except for that it would do well. It's the kind of movie definitely appeals to an older crowd and I think they did really well marketing it to that crowd.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yeah I thought it looked AWFUL (like SEX TAPE awful) but maybe it was just poorly cut trailers, also I'm certainly not in its main demo

I'm just living for all of these amazing Kathryn Hahn reviews, though. About damn time she became an overnight sensation ala Melissa McCarthy.

• Like 1

This is a pretty good weekend. July ending on a strong note. 

Bad Moms is likely headed to 100m+

Nerve probably 30-35m (no one would have predicted that at the start of the week) 

Bourne depending on legs could get between 160 to 180m

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm just living for all of these amazing Kathryn Hahn reviews, though. About damn time she became an overnight sensation ala Melissa McCarthy.

No one knows who she is. 

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Suicide Squad seems like a quite likely contender to enter the 200-299M range. It is locked to do over 200M and it is unlikely it goes over 300M. Fantastic Beasts and Moana seem like movies that will end in that range as well. Doctor Strange and Passengers seem like contenders for low 200M.

That might be your WORST prediction ever. Where is your enthusiasm for DC. Disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

No one knows who she is. 

Yet. ;)

Although her face is certainly familiar to audiences by now. She's been very active over the past decade, especially after her scene-stealing role in Step Brothers (which makes me even more surprised she has yet to receive a proper vehicle).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

the Bourne films never hit big here, Ultimatum was the thirty-second biggest movie of 2007 and that was the franchise's peak.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3