MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

Ghostbusters overseas numbers are really bad. There's a chance this movie makes less overseas than the Fantastic Four reboot ( which made 111 million overseas, by the way ).

Sure, several markets will be getting it for this weekend, BUT if you think the movie will break records in Camboia, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Vietnam, Turkey and Republic of Macedonia, I doubt it. :)

So far, 36 million overseas. I say it'll get to make 110 million overseas ( 1 million less than FF ). Might end its domestic run with 125/130 million.  So, it's gonna be a flop and Sony will just delete the series. 

32 minutes ago, DAR said:

I was thinking at first this summer didn't really have a true bomb just a lot of disappointments.  Then I remembered Alice, BFG and IDR

IDR is far from a bomb. It'll make 400 on a 165 budget.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DAR said:

I was thinking at first this summer didn't really have a true bomb just a lot of disappointments.  Then I remembered Alice, BFG and IDR

It's the summer of "if the budget wasn't so damn high, it might have been a hit." Seriously, studios need to get that shit under control.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Ghostbusters overseas numbers are really bad. There's a chance this movie makes less overseas than the Fantastic Four reboot ( which made 111 million overseas, by the way ).

Sure, several markets will be getting it for this weekend, BUT if you think the movie will break records in Camboia, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Vietnam, Turkey and Republic of Macedonia, I doubt it. :)

So far, 36 million overseas. I say it'll get to make 110 million overseas ( 1 million less than FF ). Might end its domestic run with 125/130 million.  So, it's gonna be a flop and Sony will just delete the series. 

Ghostbusters could be at ~50m from its current markets. 

It still has 66% of the international markets to open in (according to Deadline). Including Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Mexico, South Korea and Russia. 

• Like 1

It's cool how the 4th weekend of PETS will be just a couple millions or so away from ICE AGE 5's OW last weekend.

If someone had said that 2-3 months back, would have called em crazy.

#boiscrazy

Edited by a2knet

Here's something interesting,

If GB does 130m dom, it will have added ~44m more after it's 21m 2nd weekend (which had taken it to 86.3m cume)

So it will have added 2.1x the 21m 2nd weekend more to it's cume.

TREK3 is looking at a 23m weekend taking it to 104.7m cume.

If it adds 2.1x the 2nd weekend more to it's cume, it will do

104.7 + 2.1* 23 = 104.7 + 48.3 = 153m dom.

I feel 160m could happen considering the feedback of the movie seems to be good.

But SS will hit it too next weekend. Then it has a chance to stabilize.

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Here's something interesting,

If GB does 130m dom, it will have added ~44m more after it's 21m 2nd weekend (which had taken it to 86.3m cume)

So it will have added 2.1x the 21m 2nd weekend more to it's cume.

TREK3 is looking at a 23m weekend taking it to 104.7m cume.

If it adds 2.1x the 2nd weekend more to it's cume, it will do

104.7 + 2.1* 23 = 104.7 + 48.3 = 153m dom.

I feel 160m could happen considering the feedback of the movie seems to be good.

But SS will hit it too next weekend. Then it has a chance to stabilize.

Ghostbusters is possibly doing single digit millions this weekend, bringing its total to 105-106M. It's not going to make it to 130M.

Star Trek we'll wait and see on.

Edited by Jay Beezy

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ghostbusters could be at ~50m from its current markets. 

It still has 66% of the international markets to open in (according to Deadline). Including Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Mexico, South Korea and Russia. 

Maybe they banked on Japan gives it the Frozen treatment. 

Realistically this film is losing money. It won't even reach twice its budget under the rosiest scenario. 

Edited by straggler

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Ghostbusters is possibly doing single digit millions this weekend, bringing its total to 105-106M. It's not going to make it to 130M.

Star Trek? Maybe.

Oh TREK3 will certainly make it to 130m. I was saying that it may not have legs for 160m :)

Don't know if I am misreading it or Deadline is being Deadline.

Feel like they forgot BORN3's 69.3m OW.

The re-pairing of Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass with Jason Bourneseems to be paying off for Universal Pictures as the latest in the action franchise is on track to gross $22M+ tonight on its way to right around a $60M weekend, which will mark the highest opening for a Damon-centric film (The Martian grossed $54.3M). It garnered an A- CinemaScore.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Don't know if I am misreading it or Deadline is being Deadline.

Feel like they forgot BORN3's 69.3m OW.

:lol:

Also the headline

‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy

A woman wrote this FFS  :bash:

Edited by TalismanRing

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Oh TREK3 will certainly make it to 130m. I was saying that it may not have legs for 160m :)

I was referring to your Star Trek prediction, not the Ghostbusters one for Star Trek.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Certainly you recognize Sean Astin from Lord of the Rings, at least.

Sarah Drew is from Grey's Anatomy and is literally the most annoying person that's ever been on that show. Sitting through an entire movie of her sounds unbearable.

Oh yea Sean Austin! Sorry it didn't click in my head at first. 

Sarah Drew...i think I know who you're talking about and if I do she's absolutely insufferable. 

Mike and Dave is going to be in for a weekend around 1.5-2M; the Blu-Ray comes out September 27, only 80 days after it released in theaters. It'll probably be on digital less than 60 days after theatrical! I'm curious how long it takes for less than 3 months from Theaters to Blu to become more common, it also happened with Deadpool this year.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mike and Dave is going to be in for a weekend around 1.5-2M; the Blu-Ray comes out September 27, only 80 days after it released in theaters. It'll probably be on digital less than 60 days after theatrical! I'm curious how long it takes for less than 3 months from Theaters to Blu to become more common, it also happened with Deadpool this year.

Probably more often than not especially when the season slashes up theater counts left and right despite a film doing well box office wise. Because then you're able to capitalize on some of the buzz the film had. 

Now if the film is a total stinker. They might as well just release it to Blu-ray the following week :ph34r: