CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why is the BvS so much higher than the other ones lol Or maybe I'm reading these wrong. Could you explain it? 

Just a few random reasons concerning my theatre specifically. BvS's late shows started earlier than all the other films. It was a gorgeous day BvS day so people were less inclined to go to an earlier show. Suicide Squad has a bit earlier shows, but nothing to the extent of BvS. 

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just a few random reasons concerning my theatre specifically. BvS's late shows started earlier than all the other films. It was a gorgeous day BvS day so people were less inclined to go to an earlier show. Suicide Squad has a bit earlier shows, but nothing to the extent of BvS. 

So you'd expect SS to get about $13M in previews based on your theater? 

My friend told me his theater is looking at $15-16M 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

DCU grades:

1. Man of Steel

2. Batman vs. Superman

3. Suicide Squad

The trend does not look good for Wonder Woman

Actually agree.  I think each film is worse then the previous.  Yikes.

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

I thought the consensus was SS > BvS> MOS ?

Most of these reviews are saying it is mildly entertaining just bogged down by a mediocre script and little character development. 

MoS was far and away better than BvS, imo. I didn't like it before but it's certainly grown on me.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nova said:

So you'd expect SS to get about $13M in previews based on your theater? 

My friend told me his theater is looking at $15-16M 

I Think it'll do better than 13M in general, but 13M at my theatre. I'm going to say 17 is the number that comes out tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

DCU grades:

1. Man of Steel

2. Batman vs. Superman

3. Suicide Squad

The trend does not look good for Wonder Woman

Nahhhh. Patty Jenkins, who hasn't directed a film in 13 years and that film was about a serial killer no less, is a perfect fit for a summer blockbuster and will save the DCEU.

Spoiler

nfw2fi0.gif

• Like 7

My IMAX showing was sold out and the parking lot was packed when we exited. Looks like SS will do well there.  I had a lot of issues with the film and a few parts I liked, posted over in the spoilers thread.  I'm very interested to see what this does.  OW should be big regardless but we'll see