CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Then how else do you guage WOM if not from the people who see it opening weekend?

Can't really guage true WOM from people aka "casual viewers" probably of whom only make up a smaller percentage who saw the film opening night/midnight. WOM from fanboys will dominate today.

Being a SW fan myslef, I'm assuming hardcore Marvel/DC fanboys are the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

This Preview number isn't as insane as you might think. I still think it'll land in between $130-145m. Nowhere near some of the truly ridiculous predictions, but obviously still a huge win.

Its been tracking at $140M so I'm not surprised by it. Others maybe, but if you've been following its tracking, it's making what its supposed to. Unless its Friday, Saturday, Sunday is outrageous, I wouldn't call this a breakout like lets say SLOP, Dory, Deadpool etc. Its performing how its been expected too. 

Things could change however. The weekend is not over yet. Its only just begun. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Good or even average reviews would have probably gotten it in Top 5 OWs.

Btw how is the early WOM so far?

I would say the WOM is mixed just based on reactions from this board. 

But i mean mixed in either people love it or people hate it so who knows. 

18 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Already we’re hearing from tracking sources that early matinees figures are looking like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It's not even 8am on the west coast. I'd take those DHD whispers with an extra grain of salt.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

It's not even 8am on the west coast. I'd take those DHD whispers with an extra grain of salt.

They released that statement and it wasn't even 10:30 AM on the damn east coast! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Possibly it could be, but the movie isn't good, at all.

My friends who watched it last night didn't really like it or were indifferent to it. One called it the worse movie ever. Others said it was a 6 or 7 out of 10. They're huge comic book fans though. I'm really thinking this is going to be another BvS in terms of WOM, but I think its legs will be way better because of the summer weekdays. Even IDR didn't have a sub 2 multiplier and we know that film was just bad. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

But this is a uber blockbuster and is strongly pre-sales driven. Rentrak should provide a perspective and comparison with other blockbusters. But BvS OD was Good Friday while this has opened in summer.

• Like 1

I think $158m. 

Side note: my brother and his gf saw it last night and really liked it. WOM wont be as bad some people think if it's an enjoyable movie. Hopefully I get to see it this weekend.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

My friends who watched it last night didn't really like it or were indifferent to it. One called it the worse movie ever. Others said it was a 6 or 7 out of 10. They're huge comic book fans though. I'm really thinking this is going to be another BvS in terms of WOM, but I think its legs will be way better because of the summer weekdays. Even IDR didn't have a sub 2 multiplier and we know that film was just bad. 

Anyone who calls it the worst movie ever is someone whose opinion I immediately ignore ... just like the best movie ever people. Just can't take them seriously. 

Great number 135-145 should happen.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 3