CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But I'm not saying that.

You imply it when you adamantly defend the box office of any movie you like, but quickly trash and are skeptical of a movie you didn't like.  Compare how you are acting about SS' OW to Finding Dory's.

Im not saying you're the only one who does it, but people (and I have before to) tend to argue from their personal feelings about the movie rather than where the signs are actually pointing.

Interesting Saturday number if it turns out that.  With that said we've never seen a movie perform on this level box office wise in August.  I mean it's still the month of August remember?   Next I do believe yes there is a possibility that Friday very well overperformed but that doesn't take away from what it did.   Lastly, anything over 125 will break "Guadians" record by 30 million.   So let's keep this in perspective.  Well see how the drops come out today.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I think you underestimate the power of social media. 

Last I checked,  the positive to negative ratio was really good on Twitter, that + it scored a good cinemascore (whatever that's worth) with the key audience. 

You'd think someone with Baumer's experience of following BO would know the difference between a film being essentially hated by the majority and killed by bad WOM, and a film that everyone rushes out to see on the first day because it has a loyal decade-spanning fanbase.

WOM spreads incredibly fast nowadays through social media.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Last I checked,  the positive to negative ratio was really good on Twitter, that + it scored a good cinemascore (whatever that's worth) with the key audience. 

It's positive to negative ratio has been 5:1 or 6:1. That's not really good. Especially for a film like

this. It's not toxic but don't twist it and claim it's really good. And a B+ CinemaScore for a film like this isn't good either. It's the same one as Superman Returns, Spider-Man 3 and and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And lastly it's user ratings on IMDb and Flixster aren't screaming good WOM. Finally this drop it had, whether you guys like to believe it or not was contributed by WOM somewhat. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Wow, I thought James was the only one spouting twitter statistics. :sadben:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You guys have to understand I'm not arguing one way or the other about this having good or bad Word of Mouth. It very well could have terrible Word of Mouth. I'm just saying word of mouths one way or another does not develop in 24 hours. So let's just wait at least 10 days to find out what the word of mouth is like on this. It's almost guaranteed to drop at least 60% next weekend. But after that let's see how it stabilizes.

Yes, it does. WOM absolutely develops within 24 hours in this day and age, especially for high-profile releases.

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

73% Flixter 3.8/5

Thats bad 

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think you underestimate the power of social media. 

And I think you put too much stock in it. I'm aware of how social media works.

10 minutes ago, The Panda said:

You imply it when you adamantly defend the box office of any movie you like, but quickly trash and are skeptical of a movie you didn't like.  Compare how you are acting about SS' OW to Finding Dory's.

Im not saying you're the only one who does it, but people (and I have before to) tend to argue from their personal feelings about the movie rather than where the signs are actually pointing.

This is such bullshit. I don't make things up just because I like or dislike a film. I'm pretty objective when it comes to the box office.

Let me ask you this. The Civil War was a critical darling and it had a good flixster score. That film ended with less than the 2.4 multiplier. Would you say that had terrible word of mouth and that caused it to crash as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

Yup, this comparison seems legit. You haven't left anything out.

Oh wait...

dddd.jpg

Gee, I wonder why claims of bad WOM would only plague the 26% rotten movie and not the 96% fresh one.

As for sharp drops - Deathly Hallows 2 was the final film in an 8-film franchise. You had to be a devoted fan to watch it because it relies on so many previous installments. Similar thing can be said for CW - you could not understand that movie fully without being immersed in the MCU. None of that is true for Suicide Squad.

Damn...

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

• Like 1