baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So it seems like JASON BOURNE just sort of came and went, or at least, this has to be the quietest action movie with Damon that would almost rival BOURNE LEGACY it seems... So I guess the concensus on that is that maybe they should've just left well enough alone or what???

It's gonna have some good legs next weekend likely, but I've heard mixed things about it. My mom who saw it, said she liked it though.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

BOM is as slow as a turtle. They haven't updated foreign grosses since last Sunday.

I think I'll open a petition to close them or at least sue them
WW should stand on 326M and I can only see 306M on their site.
Highly misleading!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Yeah after this weekend should be at 475 ... should easily do 600 ... probably more than 650 ... close to MoS.

If it will outgross Meh of Steel that will be a huge victory for WB

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Last week there was that TMobile deal that gave major discounts for only Friday, though.  Some people who planned to see it Saturday surely shifted to Friday night to take advantage of the discount.

I'll wait until I see the numbers that come in and draw conclusions from them.

And were there no such deals for movies in the past? How does this piece of information make SS a unique situation compared to deals/discounts for previous movies?

Edited by Quigley

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

SAUSAGE could make 20m this weekend (I have it at 21-22m, with 2.5m previews and 10m OD) and be in the clear for Annapurna/Sony. If Megan Ellison was serious about wanting a franchise out of this, it may prove worth it...

Curious why PETE'S DRAGON isn't doing any previews? 

I'm guessing Disney figures it isn't worth it, given that the film is a family movie.

39 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I think I'll open a petition to close them or at least sue them
WW should stand on 326M and I can only see 306M on their site.
Highly misleading!

Yesterday, Deadline reported overseas grosses at 163 million, with worldwide numbers being 326 million.

The 326 million didn't include Wednesday's overseas grosses ( which we still don't know yet ). BOM only updated domestic grosses.

So, yesterday was at 326 million. It made 9.7 million domestic on Wednesday. It should be at 335 million. If you include overseas numbers ( from yesterday and possibly today ), we might get at least 345-350 million worldwide. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Quigley said:

And were there no such deals for movies in the past? How does this piece of information make SS a unique situation compared to deals/discounts for previous movies?

I haven't been tracking that long, but when there was something like that (Warcraft, and I hear about a Wal Mart thing with one movie) it is always taken into account in analyzing the results.

So, from the arguments in this thread, I have distilled your predictions from quantitative to descriptors, and I have concluded for this weekend...

Suicide Squad: could do good to very good

Sausage Party: could do good to very good

Pete's Dragon: could do ok to good

Florence: nobody cares

Good job guys. I think you are all on to something. By the way, using MT to predict is pretty funny, unless I missed several weekends of "To Joey, With Love" making an impact. Pulse seems much stronger. Even then, didn't Purge dominate Legend of Tarzan on Pulse during their weekend, and even beet Dory at nights? That at least indicates to me SP will do well, but don't be surprised if it doesn't come in first of second, though I think 2nd is a pretty good prediction for it.

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Actually, it's unique to Suicide Squad. The deals prior to it were for Universal movies and you were allowed to redeem for any day during the weekend. Suicide Squad was unique in the sense that you could only pick Friday.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Nine Lives is having better holds than Suicide Squad :ph34r:

Could you explain this to me? Are you taking the stance that Nine Lives has better word of mouth? Or are you commenting on how little variance there is for movies that don't make any money?