Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

3 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Do we have a Friday number for SS or just this absurd projection?

Oh c'mon like we really need an official number to know it's bad. Even if it goes 50m+, that's still an awful drop so let's not pretend like we don't know it's not holding well. 

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I had to look up the September record and I don't think that's happening. 

I think it can break $50m, it's got a great cast, a good release date and the first big film of the fall season. 

15 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Per Deadline:

I hear matinees on Suicide Squad are down 93% and that doesn’t account for the $20.5M business the DC villain film did on Thursday.

Now, SS clearly had a pretty interesting first Friday (as seen by the tumble on Saturday), and I'm not sure how useful this is without comparing to other blockbusters. But still, this made me laugh.

I thought this quote was a Deadline parody but nope it's real. :rofl:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Hell hath no fury like a fanboy scorned.  He was hardcore cheer leading this movie and it's box office, until he saw it.  :D

At least it's not as bad as Godzilla was for me. Now that really was me having a meltdown after I saw that. I still don't know if I'll be able to admit to liking Rogue One if I actually like it because Edwards still makes me so angry. And if it sucks I'm refusing to acknowledge its existence as an SW movie. 

• Like 1

Woah, I just realized how good November looks. Doctor Strange? Arrival? Billy Flynn's Halftime Walk? Fantastic Beasts? Allied? Moana? And those are just the movies that'll make money. There's also Manchester by the Sea, Nocturnal Animals, and a new WARREN BEATTY movie... 

• Like 9

Just now, Ohana said:

That lol in the end is so disrespectful towards DCEU fans
So unnecessary.

You know what's disrespectful to DCEU fans? WB treating it as their little cash cow and not giving one flying fuck about delivering quality or what the fans want. Assigning Zack "hey BRUH, look at my mad visual stylez!" Snyder to the throne of DCEU is disrespectful to DCEU fans. Any self-respecting DC fan deserves so much better.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, did Apocalypse really fall that big for its second weekend? I didn't know that. Crazy drop...

Now that SS already made in 5 days, more than Apocalypse made during its entire domestic run, I can easily say X-Men Apocalypse domestic performance  is dsappointing. 

:apocalypse:

It's true...

:sadben:

Best CBM of the year so far, what a bloody shame. At least all the others did well(yes, even BVS) and SS seems to be on course for 300m+.

All CBMs have been really good this year, I really hope Doctor Strange continues this trend. It seems like it will.

• Like 2