Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I have zero interest in STRANGE, but generally I agree.

Odd because we all thought you'd be extremely interested in the latest Marvel motion picture :redcapes:

• Like 5

Just now, MrPink said:

I feel like this weekend is the perfect weekend to take a road trip and stay out of this thread judging by the content so far.

Top 10 reasons Zack Snyder is not only completely untalented but a bad human being (as compiled by someone who's never met him)

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I don't agree -- I think there are movies that are hugely frontloaded due to their hardcore fanbase. (DH2, for one). Now, SS is obviously pretty mixed in terms of WOM, but I wouldn't say it's absolutely toxic.

Tele, you still agree though that in general a movie that legs it out is way more productive for growing the base and building demand for a franchise right? That's why I used POTC 1, if you want your CBM examples the two easiest are BB & IM1 (I guess we can throw TA in there too & what it did for phase 2).

31 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oh c'mon like we really need an official number to know it's bad. Even if it goes 50m+, that's still an awful drop so let's not pretend like we don't know it's not holding well. 

A 50M+ 2nd weekend haul would equate to around a 60% drop, which is standard fair for a CBM. You're being pessimestic.

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Actually that's exactly what a toxic WOM is lol @UrosepsisFace. That's basically saying that all $300m grossers are the same. Let's compare what happened with POTC 1 & MOS.

Are we saying MOS was killed by toxic WOM? Enough so that it made more money in home-video sales that year than Iron Man 3? Enough so to open a 166m for its sequel? Every audience aggregate gave it a good score? In this era of Hollywood, unfortunately, just about every single studio is DESPERATE for such toxic WOM, and half of the Big 6 doesn't even have a shot at any movie making such bad legs in the entirety of their tentpole's runs. I guess if we exist in a vacuum that makes a lot of sense, because then the toxic WOM won't reach any ears...

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Wait wait wait we have not one but TWO Peter Berg/Marky Mark collabs coming out in the next few months? Why

The latest attempt to give Tele a heart attack.