Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

Yeah it's amazing that SLOP could be he 6th biggest animation behind DORY, SHREK 2, TS3, FROZEN and NEMO (and 5th biggest if you use NEMO's 1st run of 339.7 instead of ~381)

Will be very interesting to see how Pets 2 will perform. I'm really not sure. Pets obviously has fantastic WOM, but its total will already be so high that it'll be really hard for it to increase IMO.

4 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

Will be very interesting to see how Pets 2 will perform. I'm really not sure. Pets obviously has fantastic WOM, but its total will already be so high that it'll be really hard for it to increase IMO.

If I were to guess, it'll open bigger or slightly lower than the first film but with a domestic decrease and maybe a OS increase similar to AoU. I liked it but the story needs to improve for the sequel. 

Sausage Party I'd probably say $50m tops OS but with a low budget it doesn't need huge OS money. R rated comedy has mixed success unless it's a sequel

10 hours ago, ecstasy said:

I hate Atonement and not because it was a bad movie. I wanna kick that little girl's ass. That movie made me hostile. I legit wanted to punch Vanessa Redgrave in her smug face at the end. James McAvoy giving it to Keira against the wall was hot though.

I felt the same way. That girl was such a fucking horrible person and she never really atoned for her sins. She was a prudish busybody who self-righteously destroyed multiple lives. Yet she lived to a ripe old age and exploited her own dreadful mistakes for literary fame. Saoirse Ronan gave a great performance but my sister and I both wished death upon that wretched character.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I'd be really surprised if 100 mil didn't happen for Sausage Party. I think WOM is good and it's spreading. I have it at 51m after 7 days and 68m after 10. 

If SP has good wom with a 65% audience score then same must be said for SS with a 70% audience score.

Correct?

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Sam said:

Poirot for me.

In the detective genre, most idolize Holmes, but Poirot is who I'm down with.

I am so excited for Sir Ken's take on Murder on the Orient Express! 

Holy Crap Sam. Didn't know he was making it. Will it be on the big screen?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If you had said "fuck that stupid sausage" this would've been my favorite post on this site EVER.

Close enough