Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Lol, "no correlation between Thursday night previews and the weekend." Talk to better BO analysts.

Half this forum could do better BO analysis than the people who get paid to do it for these sites.  I remember when the analysts used to be decent... this current batch is TERRIBLE.  I end up using my own projections half the time because theirs are garbage.

Edited by Spectre
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Half this forum could do better BO analysis than the people who get paid to do it for these sites.  I remember when the analysts used to be decent... this current batch is TERRIBLE.  I end up using my own projections half the time because theirs are garbage.

It should be easier than ever to make decent BO projections. Just go to BOM and you're set. Why the BO writers for these sites never do is tough to say. Laziness, I would presume.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Wtf is Sausage Party? :huh:

LOL Ditto. I've been following the threads alluding to the OW numbers for it. Had no idea people were excited for it (except for here) and was even more clueless about it being animated.

36 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Hell or Highwater has 12 showtimes/day for the theater showing it near me! They never give a platform release 2 screens like that!

Yo, wait up for me! We should go see that!

3 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

LOL Ditto. I've been following the threads alluding to the OW numbers for it. Had no idea people were excited for it (except for here) and was even more clueless about it being animated.

I think it's an extended version of that ad playing behind Travolta at the drive in :ph34r:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

A big win for Sony! From the looks of it, Ghostbusters broke even. Sausage Party has an $19 million production budget.

Ghostbusters didn't break even. It needs about 360m in order to do that and right now it's struggling to make 100m overseas. Sony already reported that they are taking a 70m loss on it.

However, Sausage Party and Don't Breathe should end the summer on a high note for them. Also The Shallows and Angry Birds were decent hits. Interestingly enough Money Monster did ok too (92m WW)

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

It seems nowadays that if you are pro anything in a film people wonder if it's going to turn a certain segment of the population off. Everything is going to piss off somebody, so who cares?

I do, hence why I asked.

Update on MT shows Pete's Dragons has been picking up. Obviously nothing extreme, but I think it will have a $20M OW. 

1. Sausage Party: 20%

2. Suicide Squad: 17%

3. Pete's Dragon: 14%

4. Bad Moms: 8%

5. Jason Bourne: 6%

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Update on MT shows Pete's Dragons has been picking up. Obviously nothing extreme, but I think it will have a $20M OW. 

1. Sausage Party: 20%

2. Suicide Squad: 17%

3. Pete's Dragon: 14%

4. Bad Moms: 8%

5. Jason Bourne: 6%

Unlike every other movie on the 24 hour list it didn't have Thur shows.  I think $30m is very possible.

• Like 1