FlashMaster659

Monday - SS 5.1, SP about 4.4 (Not Asgard) PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE 6, IT IS ALSO PINNED AT TOP OF FORUM

44 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I agree DC has a problem, but GotG isn't really a fair comparison here. Even most Marvel films compare negatively to those legs.

I think it is. Civil War for instance had crappy legs but at least its gross was higher than Guardians of the Galaxy. So far in the DCEU, not even Batman v Superman has done this. SS is just repeating the same troubling pattern. 

5 minutes ago, Ohana said:

They're not exactly individuals, they are a part of a influential group
Otherwise would you care to explain how Ghostbusters got high ratings from women critics? they had an agenda an wanted to support it regardless of the movie's quality.
Ofc I don't believe it's a big conspiracy against the DCEU, but you can't ignore that some critics got an agenda and some things are beyond the actual movie.

You don't need to worry about critics disliking a movie you like.

I mean, I loved SS ( I thought MOS was so so, BVS was really disappointing ) and I think it's the best DCU movie ( at least, for now ). However, many people and critics hated it and they probably have their reasons to hate it. I'm perfectly fine with that. Critics are also part of the public. So, let them speak their piece too. 

I loved a lot of movies that critics hated, and hated movies that critics loved. It's part of life. You don't have to agree with the critics. You did your part, watched SS and liked it. So, be it.

Let's hope critics enjoy the next DCU movie more.  Sure, if Wonder Woman gets good reviews, it'll be excellent. If WW gets trashed by critics, that's because critics probably don't like it. Just relax. Critics won't take away your right to like a movie. 

I loved SS ( and I know I'm probably in the minority ) and I actually like reading critics. I like to know the stuff they say, even if it's against a movie that I love. Hell, I love the Resident Evil movies ( damn guilty pleasures ) and I love reading critics about them. Some are quite funny. 

So, just enjoy your experience with SS. I'll be watching it again soon ( some friends invited me ). You have WW and JL next year coming. A new Batman solo movie confirmed. The Flash, Aquaman confirmed. DCU is alive and well. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

What agenda would a critic have against Suicide Squad? In all honesty, I can see why some people enjoyed the film but critics are paid to look at the whole picture...like character development, plot, the flow of the story, editing etc and from a film making standpoint Suicide Squad failed at that. So when a critic trashes a film thats lacking the basics of movie making, it's not a shock. So this "agenda" that you speak of is non-existent. 

60% of critics complained about BVS being too dark and no fun.

SS tried to please those 60% and still got kicked in the ass for it.

When it comes to the dceu people just doesn't know what they want out of it.

Man of Steel had too much action and the zod fight was too long .

Bvs not enough action and the fight was too short.

Gets to civil war and it's the best action scene in the history of comics (Meh).

Some critics does have agendas,just as none of them shouldn't be mentioning bvs while reviewing CW..it shows your bias..

"NO YOUR NOT AVENGERS ,NO YOUR NOT GOTG .MARVEL IS MILES AHEAD OF THESE FOOLS".

THAT SHOULDN'T BE YOUR HEADLINE ON ROTTEN TOMATOES.

ANYBODY WHO ignores this are bias themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

60% of critics complained about BVS being too dark and no fun.

SS tried to please those 60% and still got kicked in the ass for it.

When it comes to the dceu people just doesn't know what they want out of it.

Man of Steel had too much action and the zod fight was too long .

Bvs not enough action and the fight was too short.

Gets to civil war and it's the best action scene in the history of comics (Meh).

Some critics does have agendas,just as none of them shouldn't be mentioning bvs while reviewing CW..it shows your bias..

"NO YOUR NOT AVENGERS ,NO YOUR NOT GOTG .MARVEL IS MILES AHEAD OF THESE FOOLS".

THAT SHOULDN'T BE YOUR HEADLINE ON ROTTEN TOMATOES.

ANYBODY WHO ignores this are bias themselves.

The DC doesn't know what it wants out of its movies, actually. Thats why they're all a mess from a film-making standpoint with no clear direction. 

You sound absolutely ridiculous, crazy and delusional. There is no "bias" and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll see that its WB and DC that are the problem not the critics or the GA. But carry on with your delusion. 

• Like 6

Guys were getting on the precipice of Armageddon here....and I'm not talking about the Bay movie.

This thread is two hours old and already we've got 4 pages of people talking about conspiracies other people talking about how horrible Suicide Squad is and then we're  getting more and more and comparisons of Guardian of the Galaxy and Captain America and so on. This stuff is really boring it's really annoying and it's really time to put it to rest to it. Can we just talk about the numbers? Can you talk about where you think it might end up? Can you not be so annoyingly shitty in this thread because it's really starting to bring the site down. I'm sure not all of you mean to be so annoying and so catty but enough is enough guys.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

The DC doesn't know what it wants out of its movies, actually. Thats why they're all a mess from a film-making standpoint with no clear direction. 

You sound absolutely ridiculous, crazy and delusional. There is no "bias" and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll see that its WB and DC that are the problem not the critics or the GA. But carry on with your delusion. 

That's his opinion, that doesn't make him crazy or ridiculous
When a critic write "I hope the audience will stop seeing DCEU movies" that's more than being bias'd 
Many critics are after the DCEU now that it's become some kind of sport to hate their movies.
You can argue all day long, but that's  how many DC fans feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

There's really no sense in trying to make any of you understand.

As fans we knew it's there and I'm starting to see more and more bloggers who realizes it as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ohana said:

That's his opinion, that doesn't make him crazy or ridiculous
When a critic write "I hope the audience will stop seeing DCEU movies" that's more than being bias'd 
Many critics are after the DCEU now that it's become some kind of sport to hate their movies.
You can argue all day long, but that's  how many DC fans feel.

I don't get how hard it is to read something and not see  the writers bias?

Edited by Brainiac5

5 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Guys were getting on the precipice of Armageddon here....and I'm not talking about the Bay movie.

This thread is two hours old and already we've got 4 pages of people talking about conspiracies other people talking about how horrible Suicide Squad is and then we're  getting more and more and comparisons of Guardian of the Galaxy and Captain America and so on. This stuff is really boring it's really annoying and it's really time to put it to rest to it. Can we just talk about the numbers? Can you talk about where you think it might end up? Can you not be so annoyingly shitty in this thread because it's really starting to bring the site down. I'm sure not all of you mean to be so annoying and so catty but enough is enough guys.

+1000000

36 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Otherwise would you care to explain how Ghostbusters got high ratings from women critics? They had an agenda an wanted to support it regardless of the movie's quality...

Wow.

The stupid is strong with this one...

• Like 2

If the 5.1 million number gets confirmed, I'll be expecting something around 20 million ( during weekdays ) and 20-21 million for the weekend.

So, if SS manages to make 40-41 during the whole week ( including weekend ), its domestic gross will be at 262 million. 

At this point, we already know that unlike BVS, SS will manage to get a 2x multiplier. I predict final domestic grosses between 290-310 million. Overseas grosses are unpredictable. I predict something between 330-350 million.  Without China, it's really hard imagining 400 million overseas. Like I said on another topic, very few movies manage to make 400 million overseas or more, without China's numbers. 

Someone said SS might finish its worldwide run with a number that might be compared to Hancock ( Will Smith's movie ). So, I'll keep that number in mind. 600 million perfectly possible. 700 million not a lock. If it makes it, that's a plus. :)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

You don't need to worry about critics disliking a movie you like.

I mean, I loved SS ( I thought MOS was so so, BVS was really disappointing ) and I think it's the best DCU movie ( at least, for now ). However, many people and critics hated it and they probably have their reasons to hate it. I'm perfectly fine with that. Critics are also part of the public. So, let them speak their piece too. 

I loved a lot of movies that critics hated, and hated movies that critics loved. It's part of life. You don't have to agree with the critics. You did your part, watched SS and liked it. So, be it.

Let's hope critics enjoy the next DCU movie more.  Sure, if Wonder Woman gets good reviews, it'll be excellent. If WW gets trashed by critics, that's because critics probably don't like it. Just relax. Critics won't take away your right to like a movie. 

I loved SS ( and I know I'm probably in the minority ) and I actually like reading critics. I like to know the stuff they say, even if it's against a movie that I love. Hell, I love the Resident Evil movies ( damn guilty pleasures ) and I love reading critics about them. Some are quite funny. 

So, just enjoy your experience with SS. I'll be watching it again soon ( some friends invited me ). You have WW and JL next year coming. A new Batman solo movie confirmed. The Flash, Aquaman confirmed. DCU is alive and well. 

Thank you for this sensible post. That's exactly how reviews should be looked at.

• Like 2

I am a DCEU stan and I still  find it hilarious how some DC loonies are trying to justify critics' dismissing Suicide Squad with an argument of, "Well, they  gave good notices to  Ghostbusters, therefore, you certainly know that they are easily manipulated and biased. If they gave good reviews to GB16 even though they disliked it, clearly they are conspiring against WB and their DCEU."

Groan...

Trying to get this thread back on the right track, I apologize for my mistake earlier. Of course it's SS´s and GOTG's second Monday, not their third. But their drops are still pretty similar, so it doesn't change the fact that this is a solid number for it. If it has a halfway decent drop this weekend, it'll crack $300 million and will probably end up between $305-310 million, which is impressive and a lot closer to BvS's total than anybody could've predicted at the start of the year.

• Like 2