FlashMaster659

Monday - SS 5.1, SP about 4.4 (Not Asgard) PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE 6, IT IS ALSO PINNED AT TOP OF FORUM

We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

Over the last year or so, the moderating team has done all that it can, all that we feel was fair and just, when it comes to the DC/Marvel nonsense.  We have given out warnings, temporarily banned members, instituted thread bans, created a thread for all things DC/Marvel, one where all the villainy and scum could go to air their grievances.  We've been lenient and we have been fair.  We have laughed with you and we have tried to keep the peace.

But you guys are pushy little bastards sometimes, and unlike Mr. Lawrence's sensei, we don't like that.  The time has come for some drastic measures.

We've gotten a litany of private messages from all kinds of users here saying that this place is poisoned by a select few.  We agree.  80-90% of you that post here on a consistent basis are good posters who just want to talk box office, have some fun in the process and be nerds like the rest of us.  But the other 10-20% of you are determined to grind each thread into a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Here's what we all know:

Since Nolan got out of the Dark Knight and Snyder has taken over, the films have been divisive to say the very least.  We know that Zack Snyder isn't the film maker thanNolan is.  We know that MoS, BvS and SS have had poor multipliers, poor RT scores and poor reviews from a lot of fans.  We know all this because we are reminded of it every day in every numbers thread.  It's overkill and we have all had enough.  There is a thread created in the Speakeasy where all DC/Marvel bashing was supposed to go. Somehow that has been shoved aside and now people just go off in the daily threads.  This stops.  Not tomorrow, not in an hour and not when you feel like it.  

IT STOPS NOW!

Starting from the moment this thread is posted, anyone who doesn't know how to play nice in these threads (meaning enough of the critic conspiracies, enough of ZackSnyder bashing, enough of the Marvel DC stuff) you will be given an automatic MINIMUM 24 HOUR SUSPENSION and that's for starters.  And every moderator here will have complete autonomy to do so.  You guys want to be abrasive twats who don't want to follow rules, then you will be treated as such.

If during this 24 hours the admins (Water Bottle and Tele) feel that the suspension was done in haste, then they will reinstate your posting privileges back.  If however in this 24 hours, they feel that we acted with the best interest of the sight in mind, your suspension will be upheld for the 24 hours OR IT WILL BE EXTENDED. 

ADMIN ADDENDUM: Please note, if you are thread-banned or suspended, you will also be given warning points.

Ladies and gentleman, this is supposed to be a fun site.  There's nothing wrong with jokes, there's nothing wrong with having fun.  But when you start making not only the members but the staff want to avoid threads due to the vitriolic diarrhea being crapped out, then it's desperate times and as you know, that leads to desperate measures.  

In the words of King Theodin, "HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?"  Well, those of you who can't follow simple instructions are to be blamed.  

Please, for the love of this site, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, just be nice and stop with all this crap.

Everyone starts with a blank slate.  Whatever has been done in the past is the past.  So please don't make us have to use this rule, please don't make us have to suspend you for 24 hours or longer.

Sincerely,

The Staff.

• Like 38

47 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

I wonder how close SP will be to SS this weekend

Based on the Monday number SS should do about $20M in my opinion. SP should have a stronger weekend than weekdays because it's an adult skewing film but I see a plus 50% drop there to roughly $16-17M. 

Although the way this summer has gone I wouldn't be shocked at a 60% drop for SP. 

*Also out of likes but I read the message that you've posted and I want to apologize on my end because I know I'm one of those posters who engages in what you're talking about. 

Edited by Nova

4 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

Over the last year or so, the moderating team has done all that it can, all that we feel was fair and just, when it comes to the DC/Marvel nonsense.  We have given out warnings, temporarily banned members, instituted thread bans, created a thread for all things DC/Marvel, one where all the villainy and scum could go to air their grievances.  We've been lenient and we have been fair.  We have laughed with you and we have tried to keep the peace.

But you guys are pushy little bastards sometimes, and unlike Mr. Lawrence's sensei, we don't like that.  The time has come for some drastic measures.

We've gotten a litany of private messages from all kinds of users here saying that this place is poisoned by a select few.  We agree.  80-90% of you that post here on a consistent basis are good posters who just want to talk box office, have some fun in the process and be nerds like the rest of us.  But the other 10-20% of you are determined to grind each thread into a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Here's what we all know:

Since Nolan got out of the Dark Knight and Snyder has taken over, the films have been divisive to say the very least.  We know that Zack Snyder isn't the film maker thanNolan is.  We know that MoS, BvS and SS have had poor multipliers, poor RT scores and poor reviews from a lot of fans.  We know all this because we are reminded of it every day in every numbers thread.  It's overkill and we have all had enough.  There is a thread created in the Speakeasy where all DC/Marvel bashing was supposed to go. Somehow that has been shoved aside and now people just go off in the daily threads.  This stops.  Not tomorrow, not in an hour and not when you feel like it.  

IT STOPS NOW!

Starting from the moment this thread is posted, anyone who doesn't know how to play nice in these threads (meaning enough of the critic conspiracies, enough of ZackSnyder bashing, enough of the Marvel DC stuff) you will be given an automatic MINIMUM 24 HOUR SUSPENSION and that's for starters.  And every moderator here will have complete autonomy to do so.  You guys want to be abrasive twats who don't want to follow rules, then you will be treated as such.

If during this 24 hours the admins (Water Bottle and Tele) feel that the suspension was done in haste, then they will reinstate your posting privileges back.  If however in this 24 hours, they feel that we acted with the best interest of the sight in mind, your suspension will be upheld for the 24 hours OR IT WILL BE EXTENDED. 

Ladies and gentleman, this is supposed to be a fun site.  There's nothing wrong with jokes, there's nothing wrong with having fun.  But when you start making not only the members but the staff want to avoid threads due to the vitriolic diarrhea being crapped out, then it's desperate times and as you know, that leads to desperate measures.  

In the words of King Theodin, "HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?"  Well, those of you who can't follow simple instructions are to be blamed.  

Please, for the love of this site, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, just be nice and stop with all this crap.

Everyone starts with a blank slate.  Whatever has been done in the past is the past.  So please don't make us have to use this rule, please don't make us have to suspend you for 24 hours or longer.

Sincerely,

The Staff.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Ohana said:

Maybe cause it had a bit of thruth in it
SS on screens, suddenly a wave of high rated movies that all look medicore at best.

This is the same kind of posts that ruined March/April/the BvS thread. 

Sooooo Gods Not Dead 2, The Boss, Hardcore Henry, Greek Wedding ALL got rave reviews I'm assuming. And even if they did, the assumption that it was to knock down a DC film is incorrect in my opinion.

(editing this) sorry, I'm really not meaning to start a fight, and I don't want it to sound that way.

Edited by DAJK

Just now, DAJK said:

This is the same kind of ridiculous crap that ruined March/April/the BvS thread. 

Sooooo Gods Not Dead 2, The Boss, Hardcore Henry, Greek Wedding ALL got rave reviews I'm assuming. And even if they did, the assumption that it was to knock down a DC film is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on these forums.

I'd edit this and go look at the post Baumer just posted. Don't engage so you don't get suspended/banned. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind guys, you can still discuss SS.  You can still make comments on if the drop is good or bad or whether or not you think it will pass 300 or how good or bad the drop will be on the weekend.  This is normal box office discussion.  It's just the rest of the stuff that needs to stop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It seems SS real number is 5 million on Monday ( though that's probably because it's easier than working with 5.1 or something like that, lol ).

Let's hope we get some update for the overseas grosses. 

Yea, when NP gives us numbers he always tells us that his math is a little off so being with a hundred thousand of the number makes sense.  SP could be a little lower or higher as well.  I gave out a number and he said it was a wee bit higher than my number, so we settled on 4.4 :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It seems SS real number is 5 million on Monday ( though that's probably because it's easier than working with 5.1 or something like that, lol ).

seems like a good number. 

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I saw your post in the International thread and I agree with your analysis. I think with Germany and Japan left to open another $100M give or take a few million is reasonable for its OS gross. I'm thinking $350M OS and $300-310M domestic for a WW of $650-660M is where this is headed. 

• Like 2

3rd weekend onwards.

BOURNE 5

2016/08/12 4 $3,874,260 +73% 3,528 $1,098   $117,036,605 15
2016/08/13 4 $5,921,860 +53% 3,528 $1,679   $122,958,465 16
2016/08/14 4 $4,050,755 -32% 3,528 $1,148   $127,009,220 17
2016/08/15 - $1,432,150 -65% 3,528 $406   $128,441,370 18

TREK 3

2016/08/05 5 $2,634,319 +25% 3,263 $807   $120,335,683 15
2016/08/06 5 $4,272,247 +62% 3,263 $1,309   $124,607,930 16
2016/08/07 5 $3,129,464 -27% 3,263 $959   $127,737,394 17
2016/08/08 5 $1,204,959 -61% 3,263 $369   $128,942,353 18