FlashMaster659

Monday - SS 5.1, SP about 4.4 (Not Asgard) PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE 6, IT IS ALSO PINNED AT TOP OF FORUM

OS and DOM had similar OWs of 133-134.

But OS is 21 ahead after 2nd weekend.

SS should get to 650+ WW (China would have helped it to 700+).

I think SS ratio of DOM:OS will end up being bigger compared to recent CBMs, especially since China is absent.

So 53% share from DOM means studio gets ~160.

41% share from OS gives it ~145.

So ~305 from theatrical on a 175 prod budget + marketing (150?).

Will make a huge profit with auxiliary revenue.

8 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Nobody expected as good legs as GOTG. Drop is perfectly fine and if it continues then it finishes 305-310M. Very good end result.

Did not dispute any of this, merely stated a fact, since there was some debate in the weekend thread about whteher SS would fall behind on Monday or later in the week.

From here on, SS will be running behind GotG. After opening $40 million higher, and only on the 10th day of release. That doesn't strike me as good.

Do lots of folks think SS is going to do $650 million plus worldwide? I saw Forbes and another site this week were thinking a total more in the $600 million range. Its OS numbers are probably holding a bit better than that though. I'm gonna say $635 million total worldwide... how does that sound?

9 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

There are zero people who think Suicide Squad will make more than Guardians of the Galaxy, so this is expected and no surprise.  

I'm not saying it's a surprise, I'm saying it's a problem. It's not sustainable in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

I'm not saying it's a surprise, I'm saying it's a problem. It's not sustainable in the long run. 

I agree DC has a problem, but GotG isn't really a fair comparison here. Even most Marvel films compare negatively to those legs.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ohana said:

As for SS's International drop: just 55.7% (BvS had a much bigger drop with 66%)

If you exclude about 5m from new openers arg. and Ita. The drop is about 60% for existing markets.

So this is the stuff I think about when I am driving bus during the day LOL. Doing quick calculations I figured Suicide Squad will do about 40 million from Monday to Sunday. That puts it at around 262 million. It should have enough to cross 300 and maybe even enough to get to 310.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

No, it's not. As August goes on, more and more schools start their business again. A 60% drop on a third Monday is decent. GOTG dropped 63% on its third Monday IIRC.

Oh, and good number for SP.

Am I missing something here? Yesterday was only SS' 2nd Monday?

2 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Question, actor's salaries are counted towards the estimated production budget right?

Can't see how SS supposedly only costs $175m which is about the same as GOTG.

Of course actors' salaries are in the estimated budget. Those are some of the easiest costs to account for.

Not really sure why you're doubting Suicide Squad's budget, though. From what I understand, it has less CGI than Guardians of the Galaxy, which could mean it's less expensive.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Just noticed that Suicide Squad's tomatometer went up to 27% (it was at 26% for a while).

Also Kubo and The Two Strings come out next weekend with glorified reviews, how much is that expected to make?

Studios should release their crappy movies 1 week after DCEU films debut, it seems the critics will give rave reviews to any movie who can
push DCEU down.

7 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

So this is the stuff I think about when I am driving bus during the day LOL. Doing quick calculations I figured Suicide Squad will do about 40 million from Monday to Sunday. That puts it at around 262 million. It should have enough to cross 300 and maybe even enough to get to 310.

Well, if WB extends Suicide Squad's theatrical run a bit longer.... (More than BvS's 12 weeks).....then yeah, $300M+ could be a foregone conclusion for it.

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Studios should release their crappy movies 1 week after DCEU films debut, it seems the critics will give rave reviews to any movie who can
push DCEU down.

:jeb!: that's why Nine Lives got such stellar reviews

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Not a bad drop due to school starting yesterday for most people 

Wow schools around here don't start until either the last week of August or after Labor Day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohana said:

push DCEU down.

Yes, that is why Kubo is getting rave reviews.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Question, actor's salaries are counted towards the estimated production budget right?

Can't see how SS supposedly only costs $175m which is about the same as GOTG.

175 was what Marvel indented to spend on 175, but it went over budget. The cost after tax credits was 195. But it was on the screen. I agree with your core point that while SS fares appreciably better than many movies with higher budgets (STID, STB, XMA, WWZ,, etc.), it does not seem like 175M is the price tag for what came on screen. Furthermore, the budget may have actually been higher.