Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

On 12/26/2019 at 3:17 AM, CloneWars said:

We also need to keep in mind, Mandoloarian has an episode airing weekly and Stranger Things has been out several months. While the numbers are good, I'm not sure they are impressive. Sadly, it is hard to really judge how well a streaming series is doing. Though, I think the true test is how well Disney+ is doing as a whole with 10M subscribers.

Well for now this is only source how to compare those shows... and it really doing impresive numbers...
it's almost like you want to compare some movie after first weekend in box office to movie wich is out several years...

final episode will get even bigger numbers :) we will see...

here is disney plan:

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-plus-subscriber-projections-2024-1203242072/

Hilarious opening sequence but the rest of the episode was typical Mando quality. Probably my favourite episode outside for the first one though (mostly because of that opening sequence). Who would've thought that the best thing Taika Waititi made this year was the finale to a mostly mediocre Star Wars show and not his Oscar-bait "anti-hate" satire?

Great episode overall and it was great to see the Darksaber again. But one thing that I don't get is how none of them have heard of Jedi. I mean I understand if they were like Han and had heard but don't believe, but it makes no sense that a Rebel shock trooper wouldn't know about Luke Skywalker. Even the blacksmith was acting like the Jedi came from thousands of years ago but the Mandalorians have interacted with the Jedi many times since then. I understand it's a big galaxy but it just felt implausible for people like them.

Other than that it was awesome. They managed to get a lot of mileage from IG-11 even with little screentime. The lava river and droid were great, Gideon has a nice presence and I'm excited to see more of him. The discovery of the dead Mando's was genuinely chilling and the search for Yoda's species is a great plotline for the next season.

Edited by Menor

7 hours ago, Menor said:

Great episode overall and it was great to see the Darksaber again. But one thing that I don't get is how none of them have heard of Jedi. I mean I understand if they were like Han and had heard but don't believe, but it makes no sense that a Rebel shock trooper wouldn't know about Luke Skywalker. Even the blacksmith was acting like the Jedi came from thousands of years ago but the Mandalorians have interacted with the Jedi many times since then. I understand it's a big galaxy but it just felt implausible for people like them.

Other than that it was awesome. They managed to get a lot of mileage from IG-11 even with little screentime. The lava river and droid were great, Gideon has a nice presence and I'm excited to see more of him. The discovery of the dead Mando's was genuinely chilling and the search for Yoda's species is a great plotline for the next season.

Maybe they are trying to pretend the Prequels don't exist. I don't know. The Jedi were a pretty big deal during the Clone Wars. Maybe the Mandalorians avoided talking about Jedi then. I don't know. My guess is the Empire made it illegal to talk about Jedi, distribute anything about the Jedi like literature and if you did, they killed you. That's my guess. I'm guessing it was a taboo topic during the age of the Empire. Still though, the Clone Wars is roughly 25ish years prior to this show. That's not a super long time ago.

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Maybe they are trying to pretend the Prequels don't exist. I don't know. The Jedi were a pretty big deal during the Clone Wars. Maybe the Mandalorians avoided talking about Jedi then. I don't know. My guess is the Empire made it illegal to talk about Jedi, distribute anything about the Jedi like literature and if you did, they killed you. That's my guess. I'm guessing it was a taboo topic during the age of the Empire. Still though, the Clone Wars is roughly 25ish years prior to this show. That's not a super long time ago.

The Mandalorian really couldn't be further away from pretending that the prequels don't exist. It's full of connections to the PT.

The Empire clamping down on any knowledge of the Jedi would be the far more likely option. Not to mention that a galaxy is vast, and no matter how important the Jedi were, they were hardly everywhere. It's not like planets are small either. Even if one comes to visit, you aren't particularly likely to meet one. Then there is the difference between hearing about "famous warriors" and actually seeing their use of "magic" with your own eyes. So even if you have heard of Jedi, that doesn't mean you would have any idea what they are really capable of.

Cara Dune not having heard about it is a bit odd. Then again, who knows when she got involved. At that point Luke might not have been all that active as a soldier anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

The Jedi have been around for thousands of years including during the lifetime of these well-traveled people; it doesn't make any sense that they have never heard of their powers or even just the word "Jedi".

You do realize that the majority of this worlds population is completely oblivious to the majority of "well known facts" or historic figures of human history, yes?

And that is just one planet. Not a galaxy.

The Jedi never numbered more than a few thousand. Meeting one of them probably has weaker odds than winning the lottery. And even if you somehow ran into one or heard about them, it still doesn't mean that you have any idea what they stand for or what they are capable of. Not to mention that "knowing" a Jedi isn't the same as knowing something about the force or having seen one of them in action. Jedi were guardians of peace, not soldiers. They weren't running around fighting people left and right. For the majority of their missions they would be little beyond embassadors or envoys who reach a diplomatic solution to an issue. They also lived their life secluded from the public.

Then you get to the point that the Empire has tried its hardest to get rid of them and keep it that way. Just watch the original movie. If a high-ranking imperial officer is basically completely unaware of the force or the Jedi, what makes you assume that they or their skills would somehow be common knowledge in this day and age?

The Mandalorian is too young to have any immediate knowledge about the Jedi. He was still a child when the clone wars happened. Then he was part of the Mandalorians, hardly a group of people who spend much time out in the public. Cara Dune would have a pretty good reason to know about Luke Skywalker, but knowing about a hero of the rebellion and witnessing his skills are two completely different things.

One can reasonably assume that plenty of people in the galaxy will at least have heard of the Jedi at some point. More so before the Empire than afterwards. But plenty doesn't mean all of them or even the majority.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Then you get to the point that the Empire has tried its hardest to get rid of them and keep it that way. Just watch the original movie. If a high-ranking imperial officer is basically completely unaware of the force or the Jedi, what makes you assume that they or their skills would somehow be common knowledge in this day and age?

Well that doesn't make a lot of sense either, given what we saw in the prequels. You had the Jedi Council on the capital planet, Jedi walking around everywhere in their robes and getting official roles for the Republic:

Prior to the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Jedi served as guardians of the Republic for over a thousand years with the Council dealing directly with the office of the Senate's elected leader, the Supreme Chancellor. During the time of the Clone Wars, the Council led the war effort to defend the Republic and end the conflict that had spread across the galaxy.

It's fine that ANH doesn't really fit with this narrative, the SW world has been built over decades. Even the original trilogy wasn't really planned in advance. But post-prequels, it is impossible to claim that the Jedi was some sort of secret order that someone like Carl Weathers' character would never have heard of.

"May the Force be with you." was a popular saying in the Rebellion so it is equally puzzling that nobody is aware of its meaning even as a rumor. Jabba also knew all about the Jedi tricks.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Halfway though the season and its been enjoyable so far. The look into the whole mandalorian culture has been cool and the action is solid. 

Finished he season. The final 2 episodes were great and the filler episodes before were enjoyable. Gus Fring looks like he's going to be a great villain once again. I like Pedro and the whole cast overall and Baby Yoda is adorable. I'm not hardcore into Star Wars lore so I didn't really mark out at some of the call backs like others but the Dark Lightsaber looks cool and seems like it got fans excited so looking forward to learning more about that.

Also the show looks amazing in 4k ultra hd. Looking forward to season 2.

• Like 1

Those last two episodes peaked my interest immensely. I enjoyed the action, comedy and drama of it all. Glad IG-11 was brought back and it's good to see friends of Mando dying. I'm interested in the new planets we'll be visiting next season and I feel like they will work in a lone wandering jedi somehow. Also, the appearance of that dark saber was a jaw drop. I haven't watched Clone Wars or Rebels but I was aware of a couple episodes that did have that weapon in it so to see it show up in a live action piece is exciting. 

• Like 1

Content demand across all television platforms in the U.S. (22 – 28 December, 2019)

In the final full week of 2019, the USA has a new most demanded series. Despite leaving critics baffled, Netflix’s The Witcher is a hit with American audiences. The show, an adaptation of a series of Polish fantasy novels, was released at the end of last week on December 20th. As we predicted last week, this end of week release gave demand for The Witcher plenty of room to grow. However, the show did not simply grow in demand, it exploded: content demand for The Witcher is a huge 3.6 times (361%) larger than last week.

Last week’s most demanded series, Disney+’s The Mandalorian saw a minor demand increase due to the season finale on Dec 27th. The Star Wars show ends the year ranked third, as it was overtaken by a surging Saturday Night Live, which rose 13.1% to reach second.

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/content-demand-across-all-television-platforms-in-the-u-s-22-28-december-2019/

Overall-3.jpgOverall-3.jpg

• Thanks 1