Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $65,498,451   52.1%

+ Foreign: $60,200,000   47.9%

Worldwide: $125,698,451

Lights Out just registered a better OW than CJ2 in South Korea. It is headed for at least 150m WW on a 5m budget.

This and CJ2 made 470m for WB this Summer on a combined budget of 45m!

• Like 7

This is huge news from India. Disney is going to stop producing movies in India. After WB pulled out, and Fox Star is struggling and Sony doesn't have any presence in Bollywood anymore, Disney pulling out as well means that no major Hollywood studios have a Bollywood presence now. The cultural differences seem to be a major struggle for them to overcome while producing content for the Indian market

http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/disney-to-pull-out-of-utv-partnership-due-to-losses/

After four years of partnership between Walt Disney and UTV Motion Pictures, Disney is now all set to pull out of the partnership. Owing to losses incurred from the Hindi films that the production had been associated with, such a decision is being taken.

We hear, UTV-Disney’s head, Sidharth Roy Kapur too is all set to quit post the release of Aamir Khan’s Dangal which is under their banner.

The year so far has not been any good for UTV what with Fitoor, Saala Khadoos andMohenjo Daro all heading for flops. Baaghi has been their only profitable film so far.

• Like 2

Fun fact:

The Conjuring is now the highest grossing horror franchise WW, the three films bringing in 894.3m on a combined budget of 66.5m, defeating Paranormal Activity, which, with 6 movies, brought in 889.7m on a combined budget of 28m.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

That's a real winner.

Well that puts my 700ww prediction to rest.Never would have thought this flim would do 730. If it it's 730ww that would put the DCEU at (730+872=1,602bil for the year.

Even if the combine full budget for the two flims was 650+mil there's definitely profit in the final result.

• Like 2

In regards to Suicide Squad, I don't think the final numbers 300m+ DOM and 700m+ OS will really sway the two extreme camps.

Those that want to see failure already saw it when it's first Saturday had a giant drop from Friday, of course ignoring both free-ticket Friday and the 20m Thursday preview, and for one week afterwards concentrated on the comparison to the giant first Friday number. They gave the giant percentage drops as evidence of TWOM and ignored the context. That point-of-view will persist, of course, ignoring everything since, and little acknowledgement will be made to the overall success of the movie, which as per this group has either lost money for the studio or poisoned the chances for this franchise to take off.

In opposition, many who have continued following the BO of this movie after its 3rd weekend are just holding on to the fact that its a major success. Just speaking for me, as a fan of these characters, while I will say it's a success, I had hoped for both a better movie and a better BO. I wanted to see 400m and these villains challenging Civil War. That didn't happen, and therefore, I believe the movie didn't come close to its potential. We should also accept that for many, this movie could have been the last straw, and they will not be back in 2017.

I am looking forward to 2018, because by then, there will be so many DCEU movies, that haven't failed but not achieve the the highest of potential, people will just accept that this franchise can make money, and maybe not revert to the silly extremes to make their point.

That said, RT sucks because Hand of Stone was much better than its percentage :) .

45 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, to be fair, the 'toxic WOM' was kinda a broken record, too.

Only the lunatics have been saying that since the OW. Everyone else can see that it's having a nice run

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

How much does having an Asian director affect the Chiniese BO for STB?

I would say somewhere between zilch and nada. If it was a Chinese director like Stephen Chow, then it might have made 200M+ easily.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I would say somewhere between zilch and nada. If it was a Chinese director like Stephen Chow, then it might have made 200M+ easily.

Maybe. Mermaid had some surprising numbers, but his best movies were over a decade ago, and some movies since, like CJ7, just weren't that big, but that was almost a decade ago too. 

SS is doing very well.  Audiences seem to enjoy it.  But I also think it's taken full advantage of its release date where maybe the competion isn't as strong in the weeks following its release.

• Like 3