Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

for Warner:

barbie

the nun 2

dune 

wonka

Meg 2

color purple

aquaman

and they also have all the international distribution (expect for France) of Challengers.

Seems like all could make good money but Dc exists so Blue Beetle if The Flash and Shazam weren't enough...

Edited by vale9001

The only thing I'm not loving at first glance is the amount of CGI that seems to be on par with any disney live action adaptation. I just thought this would be more tactile for some reason.

Otherwise looks fine, and so is Timmy. I'm still waiting to hear him sing though, I thought there would be at least a snippet on the first trailer but alas.

• Like 1

Hugh Grant and Rowan Atkinson ohmygod this is a dream come true 4 Weddings re-team :lol: Also Paddington is delightful and I’m certain Paul King will have created another masterpiece.

Only thing I’m not on board with yet is Chalamet. He LOOKS the part but his performance doesn’t feel like Wonka. Not sure what it is, but I don’t really like him in this yet.

Still, I’m willing to go big on this and say it does 45/275

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Joel M said:

The only thing I'm not loving at first glance is the amount of CGI that seems to be on par with any disney live action adaptation. I just thought this would be more tactile for some reason.

Otherwise looks fine, and so is Timmy. I'm still waiting to hear him sing though, I thought there would be at least a snippet on the first trailer but alas.

yeah i was hoping for more real sets.

Edited by vale9001

Was about to say ‘reminds me of Paddington’ and then ‘from the director of Paddington’ came up. 

Anyway, looks fine. “Wonka’s origin story” is pure Hollywood brain but I’m quite familiar with the city it was filmed in so curious to see what it looks like in this. 

Edited by Hatebox

This is gonna do like $300m dom and i’m sure it’ll be great (king King) but genuinely don’t know why Grant looks that off. Hollywood’s done size reduction perfectly since 2001, and he looks fine when static but when he started dancing it all just looked like digital goop

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

This is gonna do like $300m dom and i’m sure it’ll be great (king King) but genuinely don’t know why Grant looks that off. Hollywood’s done size reduction perfectly since 2001, and he looks fine when static but when he started dancing it all just looked like digital goop

It’s a 2020s movie. I have resigned myself to the fact that every movie is going to have terrible CGI now and look ugly. It’s easier to live this way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Not the Men of Steel defence.😭😭

well it's like for cruelia, star wars first trilogu and so many others...if the characters are already the samewe know  what's the point of an origin story. This genre is about how the events change you and make you someone different 😁

Edited by vale9001

it's gonna be the family christmas movie for the families. It's gonna make very good on a global level. For example if in the Uk last year during christmas Matilda (on netflix elsewhere) made 36M dollars this can make more. 

Edited by vale9001