kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

i actually think the live aid concert scene... is bad. and right anyone can just watch the actual live aid concert if they wanted to get their fix. the concert scenes in this vs. the concert scenes in a star is born is a total goofus and gallant comparison.

• Thanks 1

This should do well with general audiences, and maintain a relatively healthy box office run. However, I can't help but feel like this sounds like a missed opportunity in the vein of Stone's "Doors". Musical biopics seldom find a good middle ground between raw personal introspection and the icon on the stage. The unconventional method can seem too pretentious (Last Days), and the pop idolatry can seem too much like syrupy sentimentalism (average musical biopic).

Edited by ThePhasmid

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Yeah, but said fans skew older, and I don't think we'll see Queen fans create fake Twitter reviews and bots to slam The Nutcracker.

Ture, but then the Nutcracker looks to be pretty weak competition.  Notice how the big marketing push Dinsey ususaly does for it's films is not happening with Nutcracker?

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

Lest we forget Queen dismissed Star Wars in favor of Flash Gordon. Of course, mainly for business reasons. 😎

Please cite a source for this. I have never heard this story.

Sounds fishy to me just because Star Wars had such a small budget that no way they could have afforded Queen. People forget that Star Wars was not considered a big releae by Fox. They though it might do well with kids and they would get their money back.

SO aim wriring Urban Legend for this until proven otherwise.

39 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Please cite a source for this. I have never heard this story.

Sounds fishy to me just because Star Wars had such a small budget that no way they could have afforded Queen. People forget that Star Wars was not considered a big releae by Fox. They though it might do well with kids and they would get their money back.

SO aim wriring Urban Legend for this until proven otherwise.

The only source I have is Bicycle Race, and the fact he did Flash Gordon two years later (possibly in spite?). I don't know. I was just ribbing a bit.

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Ture, but then the Nutcracker looks to be pretty weak competition.  Notice how the big marketing push Dinsey ususaly does for it's films is not happening with Nutcracker?

Disney are not going to waste a lot of money marketing a virtually guaranteed flop. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6