kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I know it's a remote possibility but could this still get the May 3rd date.? It's 50% done if they are really going right back into production and Levy had said he has worked on the 50% during the strike. It's probably likely it and Brave New World switch places but if they want a more sure fire hit for that first weekend of May DP seems more likely.  All I know is it's such a relief to have actual movie news to look forward to again. 

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

I know it's a remote possibility but could this still get the May 3rd date.? It's 50% done if they are really going right back into production and Levy had said he has worked on the 50% during the strike. It's probably likely it and Brave New World switch places but if they want a more sure fire hit for that first weekend of May DP seems more likely.  All I know is it's such a relief to have actual movie news to look forward to again. 

It’s not going to make that May date. Levy has Stranger Things 5 that he has to work around too. The turn around time is too short notice. I think it’s going to December and that means Thunderbolts moves to 2025. 

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It's not impossible but they probably want more time to be able to promote it. All of these projects must have been waiting by the phones for the call to start back up again if they're wasting no time getting the cameras rolling again.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's not impossible but they probably want more time to be able to promote it. All of these projects must have been waiting by the phones for the call to start back up again if they're wasting no time getting the cameras rolling again.

Yeah mostly likely. The strike went one month too long for that I think. If they had been able to seal a deal right after the WGA did then maybe.  

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Maybe it's going to July and Caps the one getting the bigger delay?

Still gonna be interesting what takes the May 3rd date. I know Disney does not have much for next year they can put in that date if DP 3 is not ready and they don't  want to move up BNW. Still could see Apes moving up because if WB does not blink on Furiosa and keeps  that on MD weekend it would be idiotic to have those two movies open against each other when you have a open summer for dates because of the strikes  This is what is going to make this next few weeks and months fun.

When they moved it up from November, that was a complete surprise. Disney must have been very happy with the script to move it up. 

I know certain Eeyores think this is doomed but Deadpool is very different from the MCU fare and I imagine his entry into the franchise is going to be a breath of fresh air.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Disney is really trying their best with this movie, aren't they? They know they need to get this one right in every aspect I guess.

Disney smells the blood in the water with The Marvels, which is tracking to open below the Flash, so Deadpool 3 absolutely needs to be a huge hit.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney smells the blood in the water with The Marvels, which is tracking to open below the Flash, so Deadpool 3 absolutely needs to be a huge hit.

I don't really think that's the reason. They've been bullish on Deadpool 3 since the literal day of the Fox acquisition. They (accurately imo) clearly believe it can be the biggest R rated movie ever if executed correctly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This and the summer stuff Levy's posted really makes me think it's not getting as big a delay as previously thought.

This movie is going to be huge. Marvel fans are craving a movie that is high stakes and moves the overarching storyline forward. Add that with being the MCU's first R rated film, Hugh Jackman, and other Fox characters...

Disney needs to market this film as IMPORTANT to the multiverse Saga and not just another Deadpool solo film. 

Only thing that's stopping this film is toxic WOM 

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 1