kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

I haven't watched any Disney+ shows, but I just assumed it's a generic evil government agency. I don't think it'd be an issue.

Not evil but yeah basically. They're the time travel police. They're probably there because Deadpool 2 ended with him saving his girlfriend and X-Force with Cables time travel device

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alexander said:

Genuinely tired of Reynolds so will only see it for OG FoxVerse + if reactions are at least decent.

Which is honestly the value a “cameo fest” brings to these types of movies. I bet many people who feel as you do will end up watching it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

These movies/Reynolds' brand of comedy aren't really my thing and this trailer didn't do much for me but my dad certainly got interested seeing it, esp for Wolverine's return. It should do well like the other Deadpools but less than 1-2 because of genre fatigue and less novelty surrounding the character, 600-650m.

yeah I am sure the performances of an Ezra Miller Flash movie and The Marvels which looked like ICarly with superheroes is going to be a sign of how a Deadpool and Wolverine movie will do

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ehhh, there's different leagues and layers to these Disney+ connections. The Marvels' main character being benched since her "not that great" debut in the MCU in addition to that film having ties to three different shows to varying degrees (regardless of whether any of these ended up being essential viewings in order to understanding the film) worked together into turning it into a "who's this for?" in the current MCU climate.

For now, it seems like all those years of anticipation for a third Deadpool film have just created hype and the multiversal/TVA hunting angle is just creating a prime environment for cameo galore and it's why there's gonna be multiple Wolverines teaming up with multiple Deadpools. The TVA is the in-universe established push that leads to this whole movie's hook of Deadpool & Wolverine. Recognizing something from Loki is already different than including characters and plot elements from Wandavision AND two unpopular shows.

• Like 7

Let’s say I’m not a fan of the first two movies (actually I heavily dislike  them), but this trailer ain't so bad? 

Given the X-Men connections and the new director (who is not great either, but can do serviceable entertaining flicks), I might even see it on streaming someday.

Color me surprised.

Yeah, I don't think the TVA's relevance to this story is going to hurt it to the same level the Disney+ connections hurt The Marvels. Loki, at least its first season, was very popular and a big hit. The TVA can also be easily explained as a shady timeline protector without any Loki context needed. All people need to know is that this is a result of Wade tampering with time to save his loved ones. It's not like any of the Loki characters are going to be in this anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Which is honestly the value a “cameo fest” brings to these types of movies. I bet many people who feel as you do will end up watching it.

Yeah, absolutely. If this was just Deadpool 3 then I'd say 550-700 WW but member berries probably add 150-200 minimum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

595k likes so far. Wonder if this crosses the million mark. Feels pretty probable. 800k within 24 hrs?

Probably will get just about a million on the Marvel channel in the end with maybe 700-800k from Reynolds channel, maybe the equivalent of 1.3mish if it was one main channel? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Probably will get just about a million on the Marvel channel in the end with maybe 700-800k from Reynolds channel, maybe the equivalent of 1.3mish if it was one main channel? 

What are the benchmarks for youtube views these days? A/k/a what does that actually mean?

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

What are the benchmarks for youtube views these days? A/k/a what does that actually mean?

Not much tbh. Views/social media by itself are never a guarantee of a huge hit (detective Pikachu) but they can point towards one.

I don't think trailer views have any particular meaning in 2024 anymore.
Look at Barbie, it didn't even reach 30 million views on YouTube and yet it was an incredible success

I think it matters more how much we talk about it and the hype in general the months before

Opphenaimer has more views than SuperMario and yet the latter has grossed more at the box office.
and both were incredible successes

Guardians 3 had the highest viewed super bowl spot within 24 hours, beating out Endgames, but everyone knew there was no way that translated to Guardians making more than Endgame. It just pointed that it'l had lots of anticipation and hype.

• Like 1