kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Hype is clearly there. With gotg3 reception I think it would clear 200/500

Spoiler

Very much do NOT expect gotg3 reception. Easy to get an A and still be below that

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, Krissykins said:

Agreed. Yeh I’m totally over multiverse stuff too. 

Normally I would agree, but I got a feeling in this one it is going to be played for laughs.

I am hoping for a multivers were Tony Stark is still around, and I can see something I have always wanted to see; Stark and Deadpool trying to out snark each other.

2 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Youtube: 

Deadpool 3 - 1 day (1.2M likes, 23M views)

Joker 2 - 13 days (900k likes, 31M views)

GOTG 3 - 1 year (800k likes, 34M views)

MoM - 2 years (2.1M likes, 64M views) 

Quantumania - 1 year (587k likes, 26M views)

Trailer views and likes doesn't mean much, but I do think it can act as a good indicator for anticipation. 

Should also be noted that the Marvel channel also has 8,5M on the trailer. Just like the first trailer views are being shared between those two main channels. So it´s more like 30M views day 1

EDIT: Seeing this is already pointed out. Apologies. 

Edited by thajdikt

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I never said it was evidence of it. All I said was that Doctor Strange had mixed results when it came to how well received the multiverse aspect was. 

I repeat, that the Multiverse angle is almost certainly to be played for laughs here makes a bid difference.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Legion Again said:

Hype is clearly there. With gotg3 reception I think it would clear 200/500

Hide contents

Very much do NOT expect gotg3 reception. Easy to get an A and still be below that

Wtf does this even mean. "You can literally get the same CinemaScore as GOTG 3 (but it's R-rated so an A in this case is more impressive) but not have nearly as good reception" huh?

Also this is kinda unrelated but what exactly proves GOTG 3 has better WOM domestically than Wakanda Forever? They have the same CS, similar PostTrak, same verified RT, same RT score, same MetaCritic. General audiences don't use stuff like IMDB or Letterboxd. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

Finally took the time to see the trailer*

* remember, it's "Resident Star Wars Shill and Apologist", not "Resident Marvel Shill and Apologist" or "Resident Disney Shill and Apologist".

Have to say "Cocaine is the one thing Feige said was off limits" is a hell of a way to end the trailer. 👍 An instantly meme-able line, IMO.

Hilariously enough, the subtitles on YT have cocaine stared out as "C******", which has to be deliberate.  😂so hope that actually makes it into the actual subtitled version of the film.

Edited by Porthos

It's curious how a single trailer can turn the tide.

Just a few weeks ago, there were even doubts about a 100M OW. Now, 1 billion WW is back on the menu.

Right now, thinking

150/170M OW

400/420M DOM

1.1 billion WW

After seeing the buzz for this and apparent fervor, think that $1B is more possible than I did months ago. Pencil me in for an OW range of 135m-180m, 200m if reviews and reception are in tandem and something around 330m-500m domestic.

Gonna go with 160m OW/400m DOM/950M WW

I think the legs will be good because, as an R rated film, it doesn't really have a lot of competition till Alien Romulus. The closest is maybe Twisters, which releases before it, and Borderlands which is...looking like they're banking on name recognition to pull up a movie they have zero confidence in.

3 hours ago, stripe said:

It's curious how a single trailer can turn the tide.

Just a few weeks ago, there were even doubts about a 100M OW. Now, 1 billion WW is back on the menu.

Right now, thinking

150/170M OW

400/420M DOM

1.1 billion WW

If there were doubts about a 100M opening after the first trailer then there really shouldn't have been.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Okay there are actual contrarians saying "oh man Origins looked better" and...god no. At no point in this trailer do Logan's claws look like they're something out of Roger Rabbit.

https://youtu.be/hel7OqtTXfI?si=r7dZL-RufnzpzT94

I’ve seen this post circulate for the past few days. The person wasn’t saying the movie was better or looked better but that they looked about the same.

Edited by YM!

11 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Is the budget the usual 200M+?

Hugh Jackman must be getting a massive paycheck for this, along with Ryan who is getting paid twice as actor and producer. 

3 hours ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

If there were doubts about a 100M opening after the first trailer then there really shouldn't have been.

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Yeah, anyone saying under $100M was trolling. The floor should be like ~$130M. 

bart simpson GIF

This movie could also get a massive pop from what is looking like an epic box office drought.  April is looking to barely gross 400m, May looks like it'll gross under 700m, June is looking meh besides Inside Out 2 and another kids movie comes July 4th weekend.

It's really setup as the one Event movie of summer and August looks weak as well.