75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

7 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Poor Renner. Got trashed by everyone in American Hustle. Bale, Adams, Jlaw, and Cooper.

Renner is in 2 super lucrative franchises.

Any B-list actor would kill for his career. 

Any A-list would too. Plus he still could go indie.

Super flexible character actor.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

More like you are cursed. Even if a movie manages solid opening weekend, its legs will be disappointing. 

lolwhat.  Arrival is managing a 20M+ OW, which is better than I expected after presale numbers, and Strange is having the best hold for any CBM this year.  Accountant and Hacksaw also both look to have strong runs

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Because it's the... 14th? film in an ongoing franchise. Even if the cinematic universe model sidesteps some of the issues long franchises have with entrenched audiences becoming the only audience, it doesn't avoid all of them. People who don't have a big interest in MCU films aren't likely to be convinced to go see it even if it isn't a sequel.

Plus, it's possible some of the potential audience decided to sit it out because of the whitewashing issue. I know I have.

Well then you are a racist 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Not bad for Billy Lynn to be honest.

I feel it's actually very good, quite a nice PTA but it was bound to happen considering how super extra limited the 4K 120 fps 3D release is. I hope it'll make Sony have a wider release considering they're dumping it in barely 1100 + theaters next week, this deserves more. It also did 4 million opening day in China, not bad imo.