cannastop

Encanto | November 24, 2021 | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Byron Howard and Jared Bush direct, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

I'm generally in the "Disney Villains need to come back" camp, but I honestly feel that adding some big bad would diminish a lot of my enjoyment here. This is a small-scale family drama first and foremost and that drama is done well here. Adding in a nefarious vilain for the family to take down just wouldn't work IMO

• Like 12

Film was good-fine. The ending just didn't do it for me at all (grandma's a jackass/the family's weird/the girl should've left and never looked back).

Also the Dont Talk About Bruno song is fucking tremendous. I've gone back to listen to it about 5 times now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Film was good-fine. The ending just didn't do it for me at all (grandma's a jackass/the family's weird/the girl should've left and never looked back).

Also the Dont Talk About Bruno song is fucking tremendous. I've gone back to listen to it about 5 times now.

That’s one of the reasons why I love the film so much.Unlike another underdog story like say “Cinderella” where we see Cinderella’s family as the main antagonist of her life;Encanto puts everyone in perspective.By not framing any one as the villain your able to get to the core of the family trauma.Instead of running away, the protagonist is gained an insight on what caused the toxicity in the first place.Resulting in a story about the true healing of a family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

I still think my favorite song is the opening Family Madrigal one. Just so energized and poppy and such a perfect introduction.

Dos Oruguitas is still my favorite  but apparently that's blasphemy. 

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1