cannastop

Encanto | November 24, 2021 | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Byron Howard and Jared Bush direct, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It's really wild how this has become a full-blown sensation ever since it became available on streaming a month after it came out in theaters. Definitely feels like evidence that it would have become a mini-Frozen, or at least matched Moana's box office performance, in normal times.

It is a "Late Bloomer" like Frozen was.

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Also he's not wrong. This movie is almost built to setup an animated series exploring the different members of the Madrigal family.

I agree. I need to see Glasses Girl slowly realise Grandma will never change and that she needs to pack a bag and leave that house.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I understand why they chose this song for The Oscars before the release.  It's not as fun or catchy as Bruno or Surface Pressure but it's a beautiful song stunningly sung. 

The song limit per film though is a joke.

The song limit was added right after Dreamgirls (all but one of the four songs written specifically for the movie adaptation ended up nominated) and Enchanted made up almost all the nominees in the Song category back-to-back years making a lot of people unhappy that their movies got squeezed out by one movie nearly dominating (even if both of those movies ended losing). It's easy to see why they went with that one since Disney tends to go for the most "emotional" songs (when one is present) like "Remember Me" or the one from Mary Poppins Returns.

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" predicted to climb up to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Without radio support, the likelihood of it reaching #1 is immensely low (#1 song "Easy on Me" has over 100 million audience impressions). However, with a discount and release of different versions, #1 might be possible even without widespread radio support.

The movie has all but become a behemoth. I cannot recall of a time where a movie had every quadrant of America in the palms of its hands since the days of "Frozen." 

Edited by AgniKai

20 hours ago, AgniKai said:

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" predicted to climb up to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Without radio support, the likelihood of it reaching #1 is immensely low (#1 song "Easy on Me" has over 100 million audience impressions). However, with a discount and release of different versions, #1 might be possible even without widespread radio support.

The movie has all but become a behemoth. I cannot recall of a time where a movie had every quadrant of America in the palms of its hands since the days of "Frozen." 

We need to get Surface Pressure in the top 10 as well.

• Like 1

US Albums

1. Encanto (2 weeks at #1) (first Disney soundtrack since Frozen to spend more than 1 week at #1)

US Songs

2. We Dont Talk About Bruno (second highest peaking song from a Disney soundtrack)

10. Surface Pressure (first time a Disney soundtrack has 2 songs in the Top10)

The soundtrack's success is insane. 

• Like 1