cannastop

Encanto | November 24, 2021 | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Byron Howard and Jared Bush direct, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" officially hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the second song by Disney Animation to do so. 

Other songs on the Billboard Hot 100:

No. 1, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno"
No. 9, “Surface Pressure"
No. 20, “The Family Madrigal"
No. 27, “What Else Can I Do?
No. 36, “Dos Oruguitas"
No. 48, “Waiting On a Miracle"
No. 82, “All of You"

"The Family Madrigal" is also increasing in streams and views greatly, so it might hit the top ten as well very soon.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 8

Absolutely mind-boggling that this has become Disney's first track to hit #1 since "A Whole New World." The old-fashioned soundtrack craze has made a nice comeback within the past several years between Despicable Me 2, Frozen, The Greatest Showman, A Star Is Born, and now this.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Link youtube

Disney's youtube channel has released a short clip announcing the return of Encanto to theaters, following its 3 Oscar nominations

It never fully left theaters, this is just a re-expansion, really.

This would have been ripe for a singalong edition as a box office push in the Before Times, but that's likely out between Covid and it being on Disney+ already.

Surface Pressure is #10 this week.

15 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This would have been easily passed $120m if they had only delayed the D+ release to January.

I will never under the rush to put it on D+.

Unfortinately with how big Encanto has gotten from its D+ release I bet Chapek and co will (stupidly) make this the norm. 

16 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

What's the point of a sing-along version when you can just turn on closed captions?

More aesthetically pleasing for children I would guess. Also the karaoke style display that shows how long you need to spend on a single word.