FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Current top 2016:

Zootopia

Arrival

Kubo & the Two Strings

Ghostbusters

Star Trek: Beyond

Finding Dory

Deadpool

And I dunno. Mag7, BFG, BvS, KFP3, and Suicide Squad are all shuffling around in there.

There's a lot of stuff I haven't seen, though. Moana will probably be this weekend. And I'd like to see Trolls, The Jungle Book, Hacksaw, Bad Moms, Fantastic Beasts, Pete's Dragon, Storks, The Nice Guys, Hell or High Water, Eye in the Sky, and several movies I'm pretty sure are just bad, but I'm interested to see how they're bad.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Glad to see Doctor Strange doing well.

It deserves it, IMO.

IA, it's holding up nicely. I'm glad it's sticking above Trolls this weekend as well, although I guess it has Moana to thank for that. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Gamora said:

IA, it's holding up nicely. I'm glad it's sticking above Trolls this weekend as well, although I guess it has Moana to thank for that. ^_^

Partly due to the fact that Moana Drive in Double features have for the majority of it being Doctor Strange, which is giving box office medicine to him.

Edited by chrisman0606

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

so what is Doctor Strange 4th week looking like right now?

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

$13-14m

In case you are intrested into that too:

DS's weekday numbers within the MCU list are only beaten by IM 3, CA 3, and both Avengers films.

But beside Thor 2 - under DS's weekdays- all the others had another release season, no 5-day holiday.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I'm glad I had the entire Edge of 17 auditorium to myself tonight because I cried multiple times. Multiple. It hit me so hard because it just made me think of my own life so much. My sister and I are the ages of the two main siblings, except really our roles are sort of reversed (but she isn't dating my best friend). My dad has lived in Vancouver for the past 6 months and that's made things hard, and really this year I may have mentioned it here or there but I've felt very alone at school; I feel like I have acquaintances but no friends, and this movie felt very therapeutic. 

I know if I'm feeling isolated it's partly my fault and I admit that. This movie showed how to deal with that, it hit me so hard guys. Go see it, it's so good.

• Like 13

Just now, DAJK said:

I'm glad I had the entire Edge of 17 auditorium to myself tonight because I cried multiple times. Multiple. It hit me so hard because it just made me think of my own life so much. My sister and I are the ages of the two main siblings, except really our roles are sort of reversed (but she isn't dating my best friend). My dad has lived in Vancouver for the past 6 months and that's made things hard, and really this year I may have mentioned it here or there but I've felt very alone at school; I feel like I have acquaintances but no friends, and this movie felt very therapeutic. 

I know if I'm feeling isolated it's partly my fault and I admit that. This movie showed how to deal with that, it hit me so hard guys. Go see it, it's so good.

:hug:

• Like 2

Well, Frozen's crazyness was very difficult to match for any film. It's great to see a film that is almost matching Frozen's opening! +90M 5day is still in the cards for Moana.

Excellent for FB! The legs are great and I wouldn't be surprised if this Friday we see a 100% increase to 19M. 45M 2nd weekend is possible

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stripe said:

Well, Frozen's crazyness was very difficult to match for any film. It's great to see a film that is almost matching Frozen's opening! +90M 5day is still in the cards for Moana.

Excellent for FB! The legs are great and I wouldn't be surprised if this Friday we see a 100% increase to 19M. 45M 2nd weekend is possible

I think $90m is out of the question. 

$85m still doable though. 

Moana doesn't have Hunger Games to compete with though. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I think $90m is out of the question. 

$85m still doable though. 

Moana doesn't have Hunger Games to compete with though. 

I said 90M is in the cards. We will see this Friday. Right now, I would say

15.7M

9.8M

25M

24M

14.5M

89M

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ghostbusters has a good shot at finishing top 20 domestic now. :)

I've seen Arrival twice now, I wish it was doing bigger business. Looks like it's going to do $75m. 

More than 75m is still possible. Some people here are saying 90m is possible.

Its having a lovely hold this thanksgiving, one of the best in the top 10

3 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

Partly due to the fact that Moana Drive in Double features have for the majority of it being Doctor Strange, which is giving box office medicine to him.

You just got me to look up my closest drive-in. Moana+Doctor Strange is the double feature for one screen, but on the other, they have Almost Christmas and Moonlight. What's up with that?

• Like 1