FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I find Leo to be like that, a great charisma that doesn't erase others from the screen, though that may be because he picks strong scripts that give everyone a chance to shine. Even when he's a clear lead (most movies save The Departed where he shared with Damon and Django where he was supporting, and 2 movies with Winslet), his movies are not Leo shows, because other actors stand out too.  

Good luck stealing scenes from Jack Nicholson and Samuel Jackson.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i haven't seen arrival yet but i feel like renner's recent run has been a bit of a let down. his early indie stuff is strong culminating w/ great hurt locker perf but hollywood doesn't really know how to use him. whatever his thing is it's not action star.

Action star roles pay the bills tho.

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i haven't seen arrival yet but i feel like renner's recent run has been a bit of a let down. his early indie stuff is strong culminating w/ great hurt locker perf but hollywood doesn't really know how to use him. whatever his thing is it's not action star.

He should stick to The Town/The Immigrant type character actor stuff. He's perfectly serviceable in Arrival but the script gives him no opportunity to make a real impression.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Renner should try comedy too, I dunno if it would be a Leo in Wolf or Gosling in Nice Guys type of revelation but I suspect he could play a total doofus really well. 

I'm glad you're not in casting. 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Renner should try comedy too, I dunno if it would be a Leo in Wolf or Gosling in Nice Guys type of revelation but I suspect he could play a total doofus really well. 

I'm surprised Renner hasn't done comedy, he'd be good in a supporting role similar to Tilda Swinton in Trainwreck, Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love and The Nice Guys were great comedy roles although I suspect neither him or Renner would do a comedy like Why Him? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Ethan reminds me of a 16 year old trying to be super edgy and rebel against society as much as possible

I have a friend who is probably honestly Ethan's secret identity. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but the two are pretty much one and the same.