FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

6 minutes ago, James said:

I'm starting to wonder if FB can drop under 40% for the 3 day weekend. Also, at this point, a 3x multi should happen. Remember the OW talk about this not even hitting a 2.4x?

Certain people that were crowing when that Thursday number came in aren't making noise anymore.  

• Like 3

Well I saw Fantastic Beasts and that was horrible. I'm sure it's a fantastic movie for all of the Harry Potter lovers. But for me just not quite my tempo.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Alli said:

well, i'm the opposite. I like actors with strong screen presence, who own the role. not to be confused with overracting. but some actor's presence ...you just can't take your eyes off them.

But when the role is about an realistic average person becoming whatever, an actor has to be able to show the development. IMHO it isn't believable someone is an underdog of some years and showing from the beginning 'presence' Someone like that wouldn't get 'missed' for e.g. promotion or....

I have no problem if an actor has a ~ natural presence, but he/she has to be able to tone it down to very subtle, to show at max. a hint of future possibility maybe in between, really subtle and not constant (depending on the story), and than show the 'awakening'. Way too often I see it played in a way I never will belief the story / development / journey of a character.

7 minutes ago, James said:

I'm starting to wonder if FB can drop under 40% for the 3 day weekend. Also, at this point, a 3x multi should happen. Remember the OW talk about this not even hitting a 2.4x?

Under 40% will need a 85% or more increase today. Not impossible with how FB has been doing better than the Potter movies have to date, but I would say just over a 40% drop is most likely. Currently on pace for about a 210-225M finish depending on how well it holds till Rogue One and how much it is hurt by Rogue One.

• Like 5

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Certain people that were crowing when that Thursday number came in aren't making noise anymore.  

I don't think there was any crowing involved. I think those of us who thought that it would only have a small multiplier we're just basing it on the fact that it was a Harry Potter movie. I think this whole thing about people claiming some kind of imaginary victory over Fantastic Beasts having good word of mouth are really just barking up the wrong tree. My entire assumption on it having a small multiplier was just simply because it was in the Harry Potter universe.

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I think we can all agree Fantastic Beasts is a better way to continue the franchise than something like the putrid Cursed Child

The Cursed Child apparently works best on stage as opposed to reading the script. It will need to be changed significantly when it is inevitably adapted to the big screen in 2022 or thereabouts with all the 3 principals returning.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I don't think there was any crowing involved. I think those of us who thought that it would only have a small multiplier we're just basing it on the fact that it was a Harry Potter movie. I think this whole thing about people claiming some kind of imaginary victory over Fantastic Beasts having good word of mouth are really just barking up the wrong tree. My entire assumption on it having a small multiplier was just simply because it was in the Harry Potter universe.

But it's not a Harry Potter movie in any shape or form. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The Cursed Child apparently works best on stage as opposed to reading the script. It will need to be changed significantly when it is inevitably adapted to the big screen in 2022 or thereabouts with all the 3 principals returning.

I'm sure the play has some impressive technical aspects but I find it hard to believe that it covers up the fact that the story is bullshit that adds nothing to anything

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2022 seems too soon especially, I reckon the latter half of the 2020s so there is a gap between FB and Cursed Child

5 hours ago, ky02121 said:

As of now:

1. Arrival

2.Moonlight

3. Elle

4. The Wailing

5. The Lobster 

6. The Witch 

7. Manchester By the Sea 

8. The Handmaiden 

Killer avatar, I love it.

I'm late to the game as usual, but here's my top "10" of the year so far:

1. Batman v Superman

2. Ghostbusters

3. The Jungle Book

4. The Shallows

5. Fantastic Beasts

6. The Nice Guys

7. 10 Cloverfield Lane

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Hopefully we get some #s for Elle and Manchester soon, it's really painful to pretend to care about Fantastic Beasts. 

Only a very few titles have the actuals reported it seem        
The-Numbers changes the estimates' font in green colour to actuals with a black colour font. Sadly I loose the green colour in their charts whilst transferring it into BOT

Actuals Wednesday November 23rd, 2016           
The Edge of Seventeen STX Entertainment $726,627 -4% 1,945 $374   $6,783,770

Bleed for This Open Road $212,219 -24% 1,549 $137   $3,109,829

Manchester-by-the Sea Roadside Attractions $41,532 38% 4 $10,383   $360,042
Priceless Roadside Attractions $163 -23% 4 $41   $1,495,766

Actuals Thursday November 24th, 2016          
Bleed for This Open Road $193,875 -9% 1,549 $125   $3,303,704

Manchester-by-the Sea Roadside Attractions $41,597 n/c 4 $10,399   $401,639
Priceless Roadside Attractions $280 72% 4 $70   $1,496,046

• Like 2