Cmasterclay

Precursors 2016! Winners and Nominations

But Affleck, Huppert, Michelle Williams and Naomi Harris could win a billion critic awards and still end up losing at the oscars to Denzel, Portman, Stone or Viola Davis. The only acting category that the critics might have a chance to influence big time is Best Supporting Actor if the Mahershala Ali sweep continues.

Denzel hasn't won anything yet and the movie isn't that strong , I feel like he should have won at least some of the awards of these few weeks to have a chance 

On 12/1/2016 at 2:29 PM, 4815162342 said:

I think Foster was better than Bridges. Bridges other than the final 30 minutes was just doing a variation of Rooster Cogburn that he's done since 2010.

Understandable; but IDK, I'm the type of person where a phenomenal 30 minutes can save a just good first 90. But I get where you're coming from

The Academy has unveiled the 15 titles that have advanced in its feature documentary competition for this year's Oscars. The shortlist, culled down from 145 films that were submitted for consideration, includes Ezra Edelman's epic seven-and-one-half-hour O.J.: Made in America, the ESPN-funded doc about the life and times of O.J. Simpson.

Demonstrating the wide variety of docs, there's Gianfranco Rosi's Fire at Sea, about the wave of immigrants washing up on the shores of Italy, which is also Italy's submission in the foreign-language film contest, and Keith Maitland's Tower, which uses animation to recount the 1966 mass shooting at the University of Texas in Austin.

The titles are below: 

Cameraperson, Big Mouth Productions
Command and Control, American Experience Films/PBS
The Eagle Huntress, Stacey Reiss Productions, Kissiki Films and 19340 Productions
Fire at Sea, Stemal Entertainment
Gleason, Dear Rivers Productions, Exhibit A and IMG Films
Hooligan Sparrow, Little Horse Crossing the River
I Am Not Your Negro, Velvet Film
The Ivory Game, Terra Mater Film Studios and Vulcan Productions
Life, Animated, Motto Pictures and A&E IndieFilms
O.J.: Made in America, Laylow Films and ESPN Films
13th, Forward Movement
Tower, Go-Valley
Weiner, Edgeline Films
The Witness, The Witnesses Film
Zero Days, Jigsaw Productions

I'd predict 13th, Eagle Huntress, OJ Made in America, Weiner and Cameraperson. One of the first two will probably win, as they are the main Important one and the main Inspirational one respectively. 

OJ will win. people are obsessed with that guy this year. I've watching like half of it and it's pretty stunning. If the branch are kinda prickly about whether or not its technically a film it might get snubbed. but if it gets nominated it wins.

• Like 2

On December 5, 2016 at 0:01 PM, narniadis said:

I am pleased with the Kubo love so far, would be interesting to see if they can pull a Disney upset. 

I'm divided.  Zootopia, Kubo and Moana all deserve to win, and had it been a weaker year so would Finding Dory.  (Haven't seen Your Name or Red Turtle yet)

This year has been better for animation than 2010.  Actually, it's possibly the best year ever for animation.

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story