Blankments

Golden Globes 2016

1 minute ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Milly Bobby Brown and Kit Harington got themselves noms :wub:

Also, that Villeneuve snub for Gibson is low class.  The academy should nominate him over Gibson.

urrhh those are just blank's predictions. millie bobby brown and kit harrington weren't nominated lmao.

Predictions:

Film: Manchester, La La Land

Actor: Affleck, Gosling

Actress: Portman, Stone

Supporting Actor: Bridges

Supporting Actress: Davis

Director: Gibson

Screenplay: Manchester

Score: Arrival

Song: Can't Stop the Feeling

Foreign: Elle

Animated: Zootopia

Series: The Crown, Atlanta, OJ

Actor: Rhys, Glover, Vance

Actress: Foy, Rae, Paulson

Supporting Actor: Travolta

Supporting Actress: Newton

Just now, filmlover said:

Lol if Gibson actually won. I would never stop laughing. What a fitting way to cap off a year that's rewarded awful people.

The HFPA loves Mel. He's going to win, and the reactions are going to be hilarious. You know they're going to reward Travolta too.

oh tv?

drama: the crown

comedy: atlanta

mini: OJ

drama actress: winonaaaaaa

drama actor: billy bob thornton

comedy actor: Donglover

comedy actress: sarah jessica parker

mini actor: courtney vance

mini actress: sarah paulson

Supporting actor: John Lithgow

Supporting actresss: Thandie Newton

though it's been my running theory that they don't actually watch tv they just go where the buzz is/who they've heard of/what's new.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

oh tv?

drama: the crown

comedy: atlanta

mini: OJ

drama actress: winonaaaaaa

drama actor: billy bob thornton

comedy actor: Donglover

comedy actress: sarah jessica parker

mini actor: courtney vance

mini actress: sarah paulson

Supporting actor: John Lithgow

Supporting actresss: Thandie Newton

though it's been my running theory that they don't actually watch tv they just go where the buzz is/who they've heard of/what's new.

It's a rule that they do that. When a new series is nominated, they always give a win to that and an actor from the show.

yeah the only time recently i can think of w/ them not doing that is when breaking bad/cranston won for the final year of that show. though breaking bad wasn't a buzzy show for it's first three seasons so they probably didn't even know it existed until like 2011.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Still hard to say for sure because most didn't get to see Silence in time but it does seem like the kind of contender that will get a handful of nominations and win nothing in the end.

i think it can be a movie that gets mostly nothing and then surprises w/ oscar nominations in a big way. picture/scorsese/screenplay/lots of techs could still happen. most of techs will go la la land's way but i can see scorsese getting a screenplay oscar still. all the real competition is in the original category. what'll be the biggest rival in adapted? arrival? not the type of thing they go for.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

We were all wrong!

Finding Dory, Kung Fu Panda 3 and The Secret Life of Pets and The Red Turtle were all snubbed, and My Life as a Zucchini and Sing were nominated.

I am mostly shocked over the Finding Dory snub. I guess I completely overlooked Sing. Zucchini is a pleasant surprise though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The HFPA loves Mel. He's going to win, and the reactions are going to be hilarious. You know they're going to reward Travolta too.

If he did win, it would be justified, Hacksaw Ridge was by far the best directed film I've seen all year, and besides Mel isn't nearly as awful as trash like Woody Allen who gets nominations every time he farts. 

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Holy shit Mel Gibson! Best Director, Best Picture, Best Actor noms! Also, holy shit Deadpool! Best Picture Comedy and Best Actor Comedy. Wow, Globes! 

This is pretty awesome. Some predictable poop nominations aside (they had give Chastain a pity nom in Drama since Benning and Stone went Comedy/Musical), many nominations are inspired. Viggo Mortensen for Captain Fantastic! Silence snub! Maslany snub! Westworld domination! Excellent!

But no Arrival except for Actress. :angry:

It's not really surprising. The globes love Mel Gibson, and they'll support him any chance they get.