Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You know half of this forum is just itching to argue Avatar wasn't an event because they don't like it, but stop just short of doing it because they realize what complete fools it would make them. 

Thats ironic to hear from you :ph34r:

• Like 4

Just now, That One Guy said:

CJOHN, I OWE MY LIFE TO YOU.  I WOULD NEVER BETRAY YOU.  THE POSTS WILL BE PROMPTLY UNLIKED TOMORROW EVENING.

THERE ARE 20 PAGES OF LIKES YOU GUYS ARE LIKE MANIACS :rofl: REMOVE THEM

Just now, MrPink said:

How come I don't get any groupies dick riding all over my posts? Fuck this forum

I will dick ride all your posts Pink.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I'm just sayin' that if the Titanic/Avatar of runs when it comes to animated films isn't an event, I don't what to tell ya'.  

BTW: I have exactly zero opinion about Frozen.  Never seen it, doubt I will any time soon.  

It's still in the shadow of The Lion King in terms of animated movie events.

• Like 2

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

It doesn't have anything to do with liking or disliking. My feelings on JW are well known, but it was certainly an event. Same with SHREK 2, or Raimi's SPIDER-MAN or HOME ALONE (random examples).

But none of those films you listed are in the same category as T2. They're all in an elevated one, otherwise known as the event. 

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

It doesn't have anything to do with liking or disliking. My feelings on JW are well known, but it was certainly an event. Same with SHREK 2, or Raimi's SPIDER-MAN or HOME ALONE (random examples).

Speaking only of the domestic market here, but Transformers 1-3...hate those movies but they were big events, especially the 2nd one. Transformers 4 had a pretty boring performance in North America but was still a huge event overseas in places like China. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

edit: was MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING an event? What about the aforementioned PASSION OF THE CHRIST?

Now the "event" term seems kind of funny to me. Is it overall sales? Legs? Opening weekend? Is "event" even a word?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

edit: was MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING an event? What about the aforementioned PASSION OF THE CHRIST?

Home Alone doesn't belong with the aforementioned movies because those were brand-based while Home Alone's success came entirely through word-of-mouth.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

IM ON MOBILE CJOHN.  TOMORROW EVENING OMF.

THERE MIGHT NOT BE A TOMORROW FOR YOUR LIKE/POST RATIO.

Just now, MrPink said:

You ride mine and I'll ride yours

Like Family.

tumblr_mxlwnpDegF1rlcaclo1_500.gif

3261293262_1_5_C3SRjslQ.gif

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Speaking only of the domestic market here, but Transformers 1-3...hate those movies but they were big events, especially the 2nd one. Transformers 4 had a pretty boring performance in North America but was still a huge event overseas in places like China. 

Transformers 2's reception was definitely an event.

Racist robots! Megan Fox bending over on a motorcycle!  "wtf did I just watch!?"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It seems like, since I've been here, I've only just now discovered @Rey's epic posts.

Forgive me, my lords, for having been blind to such greatness. :qotd:

Just now? Oh, my, oh, my.

People really are blind, to people like Trump and his supporters, and to the beauty and amazingess which is never appreciated or understand, like myself.

At least, you now know, boo.

Thanks.

eCFAZcb.gif

Edited by Rey
  • Like 2