Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

13 hours ago, DAR said:

Avatar was a great theatrical experience.   At home the movie still looks great but I'm not as over the moon with the story.  I'll have to watch it again though probably haven't fully watched it in about six years 

Still love it at home on my 65 inch tv. As beautiful and emotional as ever.

• Like 5

I was about to lock this but I just realized the Grand Tele is on so he has the control.

And in the middle of all of this mess, I still haven't watched Rogue One, nor have plans to do it in an immediate future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You have to be naive if you think they don't shill the media.

'Working the refs' and 'buying the refs' are two entierly different things.  Even Lord Cameron might be known to do the former.  From time to time. :P

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

I was about to lock this but I just realized the Grand Tele is on so he has the control.

And in the middle of all of this mess, I still haven't watched Rogue One, nor have plans to do it in an immediate future. 

Don't be the puppet CJohn.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So you're just ceding this to Grand Moff Tele?

Way to choke on your lack of aspiration.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Great point, one I totally agree with. In fact, TFA and R1 have both, at least for my mind, lacked any of the creative force of the Lucas' era films. 

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Could not disagree more. The execution is nearly as weak as the story itself. 

It is amusing how posters with James Cameron names/avatars often talk about how weak and bad TFA's story/execution are(I wonder if it has something to do with its gross in the US?) whenever they're not derailing threads with James Cameron/Avatar talk when Avatar is more or less just an incredibly dumbed down version of Princess Mononoke.

• Like 6

Just now, Porthos said:

'Working the refs' and 'buying the refs' are two entierly different things.  Even Lord Cameron might be known to do the former.  From time to time. :P

That's true, while I don't have evidence I'm making assumptions based on the corruption in politics and companies shilling online reviews. I would be seriously surprised if some critics aren't paid for by Disney, no way to know though unfortunately.

Just now, stuart360 said:

Its nice to see AVATAR getting some love around here for a change.

For a while the Avatar fans were soooooooooo annoying and hard to take and then a couple years ago it flipped and everyone thought it was so cool to trash it constantly. We gotta find a middle ground over the next 20 years before Jim gets to work on the sequel

• Like 3

Just now, IronJimbo said:

That's true, while I don't have evidence I'm making assumptions based on the corruption in politics and companies shilling online reviews. I would be seriously surprised if some critics aren't paid for by Disney, no way to know though unfortunately.

There's no point in paying critics. It's a waste of money. All studios already use junketeers for the same effect. All studios.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

For a while the Avatar fans were soooooooooo annoying and hard to take and then a couple years ago it flipped and everyone thought it was so cool to trash it constantly. We gotta find a middle ground over the next 20 years before Jim gets to work on the sequel

It was that damn cultural impact argument and reddit.