Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, NCsoft said:

I will try to translate it for you

and don't ban me please I am merely translating a Chinese post. 

Translation starts:

Certain Star Wars fans must be bored out their mind, just because your films do not complete with others you have to piss on their taste ("their" probably imply audiences of other countries who did not like Star Wars too much), you think your taste is good? Garbages like Twilight exploded in box office! (if you don't understand this use google translate!)

Translation over.

That's true though! He should have said it in English.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

15 years old CGI

tenor.gif

The balrog is seriously jaw-dropping, especially for its time.

I told my son that the last time I did an "oh shit" in the theatre prior to THAT moment in Rogue One was when Gandalf played bouncer to the Balrog. Simply amazing moment, both of them.

Edited by JeepCSC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeepCSC said:

I told my son that the last time I did an "oh shit" in the theatre prior to THAT moment in Rogue One was when Gandalf played bouncer to the Balrog. Simply amazing moment, both of them.

The opening to TTT is possibly the greatest opening ever.  Definitely wasn't expecting that in December 2002.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That's true though! He should have said it in English.

That is true, Twilight is crap, but our country doesn't give sequels to lousy action movies solely based on huge box office from moviegoers going "oooo explosions!" American audiences are at least a little harder to fool! Trust me I have been around, I've spoken to distributors and producers, and we all had a good laugh about how movies are sold to many Asian markets based on the number of "whammies" in the trailer, aka explosions and action elements. For gods sake Warcraft was a hit in China! Furious 7 was like The Godfather over there and sure it was a fun movie but if you include a plot in a film you're less likely for Chinese success. It's almost purely based on spectacle thus it's no surprise when Titanic does well but no, of course they couldn't understand TFA, they weren't even exposed to the OT. You can't blame them for that.

Did anyone see the trailers for Mermaid?! lol Twilight looks like Citizen Kane compared to that garbage.

Edited by JonathanLB

6 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

That is true, Twilight is crap, but our country doesn't give sequels to lousy action movies solely based on huge box office from moviegoers going "oooo explosions!" Trust me I have been around, I've spoken to distributors and producers, and we all had a good laugh about how movies are sold to many Asian markets based on the number of "whammies" in the trailer, aka explosions and action elements. For gods sake Warcraft was a hit in China! Furious 7 was like The Godfather over there and sure it was a fun movie but if you include a plot in a film you're less likely for Chinese success. It's almost purely based on spectacle thus it's no surprise when Titanic does well but no, of course they couldn't understand TFA, they weren't even exposed to the OT. You can't blame them for that.

Did anyone see the trailers for Mermaid?! lol Twilight looks like Citizen Kane compared to that garbage.

Bayformers was enormous in America and is now enormous in Asia for the same reason. People of all nationalities like mindless explosion and CGI. Soderbergh believes we have been in some kind of trauma since 9/11 and everyone just wants to escape the real world because the real world has been a pretty dark, fucked up place for many years now. Not a bad theory. I watched All The President's Men earlier today and couldn't help but think there aren't enough films like that being made today for wide distribution and exposure. My local theater pretty much shows nothing but CGI action movies and braindead comedies.