Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I read the review earlier and was saving the comments for later but never got around to it. Thanks for reminding me :lol: 

Oh trust me, you're gonna have a great time there, that place was like a quote goldmine haha :D

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm reading about the context Hallelujah is used in Sing. Anybody on here who goes to see this movie has no fucking respect for themselves or creativity.

Ive read the songs made up 15% of the budget, might explain why the animation doesn't look as good compared to SLOP or Minions. 

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm reading about the context Hallelujah is used in Sing. Anybody on here who goes to see this movie has no fucking respect for themselves or creativity.

Link? I'm intrigued now

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah. I actually groaned in annoyance when the part with Hallelujah came. Still think it's a solid B film though.

3 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Link? I'm intrigued now

In the comments: http://www.avclub.com/review/animated-karaoke-bash-sing-aims-cute-lands-irritat-246730

Spoiler warning for those who care about an Illuminati movie getting spoiled to you:

Spoiler

Also, this review doesn't mention the big moment about the second-act downfall for everyone where that elephant oversings Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" as a way of getting the movie to the big performance.

4 minutes ago, Captain H said:

Oh yeah. I actually groaned in annoyance when the part with Hallelujah came. Still think it's a solid B film though.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

In the comments: http://www.avclub.com/review/animated-karaoke-bash-sing-aims-cute-lands-irritat-246730

Spoiler warning for those who care about an Illuminati movie getting spoiled to you:

Reveal hidden contents

they actually released a scene of the elephant singing Hallelujah recently, guess it is reprised in a more blown-up fashion later in the film?

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, yjs said:

they actually released a scene of the elephant singing Hallelujah recently, guess it is reprised in a more blown-up fashion later in the film?

Hide contents

Jeeeez. Kill me now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Illumination music/song choices are always incredibly on-the-nose and awkward. MINIONS was nothing but this.

Minions did it well :mellow:

7 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Illumination music/song choices are always incredibly on-the-nose and awkward. MINIONS was nothing but this.

I didn't think the Minions covers were that bad, i hate to admit but I did crack up when they did I Swear in Despicable Me 2.

The sequence in SLOP with the sausages singing We Got Together was the most random thing ever and didn't work at all

Hallelujah was used in Shrek though it did work there. I do think Sing's song selections could have better curated but I guess that would cost more money than what Illumination is willing to spend 

Edited by Jonwo