Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

top Playdates 16-18

all R1

1-AMC burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC
3-Regal Irvine Spectrum, Irvine CA
4-LMT Megaplex Jordan Commons, Sandy UT
5-Pac Arclight Hollywood
(also playing El CApitan & TCL Chinese Imax , all combined Mega)
6-LMT Distriict, South Jordan UT
7-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC
8-AMC disney Springs, Orlando FL
9-AMc Tysons Corner, Mclean VA
10-AMc Metreon , San Francisco
11-CM Mountain View, Mountain View CA
12-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks
13-ST Palladium , San Antonio TX
14-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto
(also Playing Dundas & Yonge combined #2)
15-Pac Arclight Pasadena
16-Regal Union Square NYC
17-Pac TCL Chinese, Hollywood CA
18-CPLX Banque Scotia, Montreal QC
19-CPLX Scotiabank, Calgary AB
20-Regal Hacienda Crossing , Dublin CA

Loving how much Disney Springs has been appearing lately.

1 minute ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

top Playdates 16-18

all R1

1-AMC burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC
5-Pac Arclight Hollywood

15-Pac Arclight Pasadena

Not surprised to see AMC Burbank at the top. Though I was mainly just checking for Thursday previews, they were selling a LOT of tickets. Even though I didn't track a lot of sellouts, their auditoriums were very full, and most seat a good number of people as well.

ArcHollywood/El Cap/Chinese together must be MASSIVE.

• Like 1

Wow I am kind of surprised by the AMC Burbank to be honest. I used to go to that theater all of the time, especially before my neighborhood flagship Regal L.A. Live theater was finished. I just am surprised because there's nothing at all special about that AMC Burbank. Like it's just your average suburban theater, but it's absolutely enormous, that's probably why it's #1. The more famous, well known theaters simply don't have that much seating capacity compared to their, what, 30 screens or something? Crazy. I have been to most of the L.A. area theaters on that list anyway, which is cool.

I wonder what the top Portland area theater was. I honestly wouldn't even be able to guess, like I would want to say Lloyd because of the large IMAX screen but it's only an 11-plex, and my Bridgeport theater has 18 screens, biggest in the area, but it didn't seem THAT busy to me compared to TFA.

Just now, JonathanLB said:

Wow I am kind of surprised by the AMC Burbank to be honest. I used to go to that theater all of the time, especially before my neighborhood flagship Regal L.A. Live theater was finished. I just am surprised because there's nothing at all special about that AMC Burbank. Like it's just your average suburban theater, but it's absolutely enormous, that's probably why it's #1.

AMC Burbank has been substantially remodeled in the last several years. In addition to their big LieMAX screen, they have a Dolby Cinema auditorium that supposedly is top-notch (I haven't visited yet).

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Wow I am kind of surprised by the AMC Burbank to be honest. I used to go to that theater all of the time, especially before my neighborhood flagship Regal L.A. Live theater was finished. I just am surprised because there's nothing at all special about that AMC Burbank. Like it's just your average suburban theater, but it's absolutely enormous, that's probably why it's #1. The more famous, well known theaters simply don't have that much seating capacity compared to their, what, 30 screens or something? Crazy. I have been to most of the L.A. area theaters on that list anyway, which is cool.

I wonder what the top Portland area theater was. I honestly wouldn't even be able to guess, like I would want to say Lloyd because of the large IMAX screen but it's only an 11-plex, and my Bridgeport theater has 18 screens, biggest in the area, but it didn't seem THAT busy to me compared to TFA.

Sometimes it's just a matter of location. AMC Gulf Pointe in Houston is a trashy place from what I remember, but it's located at the intersection of some major highways and toll roads. Seems like the place is always pretty crowded.

33 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

top Playdates 16-18

all R1

1-AMC burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC
5-Pac Arclight Hollywood
15-Pac Arclight Pasadena

be sure to give today's estimate before midnight :P

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

What experience is that?

My high school had a split day so that the lower years went in the morning and the upper years went in the the afternoon and only overlapped for 2 periods on the middle of the day.  In theory it might sound like a good idea but in practice I never did anything much in the morning once I was in the upper years.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Not surprised to see AMC Burbank at the top. Though I was mainly just checking for Thursday previews, they were selling a LOT of tickets. Even though I didn't track a lot of sellouts, their auditoriums were very full, and most seat a good number of people as well.

ArcHollywood/El Cap/Chinese together must be MASSIVE.

I'm assuming AMC Burbank has more capacity in terms of seats compare for the Empire 25 even though the Empire has six more screens. I wished I'd gone to see a film the Arclight Hollywood or the TCL Chinese Theatre when I was in LA but was pressed for time and ended up seeing Sully at the Pacific Theatre at the Grove. 

Im surprised the Scotiabank isn't higher, that cinema is bloomin' huge. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My high school had a split day so that the lower years went in the morning and the upper years went in the the afternoon and only overlapped for 2 periods on the middle of the day.  In theory it might sound like a good idea but in practice I never did anything much in the morning once I was in the upper years.

Well no kidding, that's when you should be SLEEPING! I never took classes before noon in college because that's sleep time. Not everyone prefers to get up ass early in the morning you know :P Actually it's a fairly high percentage of people who don't like getting up early ever. Everyone's body is different, it's called your chronotype. It's old mythology based on industrial era thinking that you can just "force" yourself to go to a different sleep schedule and feel the same. No matter where I was in life, I have always defaulted to 4 a.m. to noon as soon as I got the chance. Even if I was getting up at 6 during the week I'd still get up at noon on weekends. The problem is forcing everyone into narrow paths just because "that's how society functions," which is less and less true as the years pass thankfully. While we have to -- as a company -- have a few employees who keep the same hours as businesses with which we deal, I try to make sure hours are flexible for our editor so that if he wants he can avoid getting up early. The last thing I want is for creative people to feel constrained by work times that don't make sense for them or their bodies, then they're taking longer to finish projects because of me forcing them arbitrary to work at such and such hours. 

Like most things in life, though, we're stuck with these nonsense hours because that's "just the way things have always been," no other logical reason. There are so many examples of idiocy in the way hours work that it's almost unbelievable. I think if an alien came down to earth and saw the United States, they may have the same questions I do -- WHY is the bank open only during business hours when EVERYONE IS WORKING?! Why are tons of customer-centered businesses closing at 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. when the vast majority of people work all fucking day long and can't possibly go to these businesses without taking time off work? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

great Sunday/weekend hold for Moana. Are kids out of school in the US starting this Monday? it would have more decent weekdays than usual till the Leviathan arrives on Wednesday. 

speaking of which, @WrathOfHan I thought you would like to read this review and the comment section :ph34r: http://www.avclub.com/review/animated-karaoke-bash-sing-aims-cute-lands-irritat-246730 

On December 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM, WrathOfHan said:

I'll gladly defend Sith for a long time. It has its flaws, but the action is a lot of fun and it features some of the saga's best tracks.

Tele's number in the mid 17's would seem more likely based on your theater's over-performance during the weekend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yjs said:

great Sunday/weekend hold for Moana. Are kids out of school in the US starting this Monday? it would have more decent weekdays than usual till the Leviathan arrives on Wednesday. 

speaking of which, @WrathOfHan I thought you would like to read this review and the comment section :ph34r: http://www.avclub.com/review/animated-karaoke-bash-sing-aims-cute-lands-irritat-246730 

I read the review earlier and was saving the comments for later but never got around to it. Thanks for reminding me :lol: 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Tele's number in the mid 17's would seem more likely based on your theater's over-performance during the weekend. 

Wrong teen :lol: 

• Like 2