Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Why are people here talking about parental morning routines and kids' breakfasts??/

The serious answer is several people were perplexed that so few kids were getting this week off for Xmas break (which came from discussing R1's potential box office this week).  That then span off into a discussion about sending kids to school early in the mornings.  

And, well, after that it was standard BOT thread drift. ;)

PAGE 301 EVENT STATUS CONFIRMED

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The serious answer is several people were perplexed that so few kids were getting this week off for Xmas break (which came from discussing R1's potential box office this week).  That then span off into a discussion about sending kids to school early in the mornings.  

And, well, after that it was standard BOT thread drift. ;)

PAGE 301 EVENT STATUS CONFIRMED

NOT A RECORD

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Yeah, cuz R1 ain't doing a 40m Monday. :rofl: 

(My daily chart predicts 17.7m).

Might get something from Rth just before 10pm our time though.  He gave a TFA Monday update and a BvS Monday update right around then.

Also might have to break out our secret decoder rings.

Wonder if Rth has been checking out the covers of old Marvel Star Wars comics ahead of time in preparation for making us dance once again. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

I completely forgot to post my quick sentiment review of RO, even though I saw it yesterday.

I liked it a good bit. It wasn't great, it wasn't spectacular or anything, but it was BY FAR the best SW prequel ever, and I'd put it around on par w/TFA, in all remarks. YEAH, I still really like Force Awakens, drown on Jack Daniels and deepthroat me later.

More in depth in the spoilers thread, coming later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Is there an average WW prediction for Rogue one (Total WW not OW)? despite all the cheering for its performance so far, I suspect average WW predictions on this forums will be largely over-predicted.

You could check the winter game numbers. Probably a couple dozen WW predicts there for it.

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I liked it a good bit. It wasn't great, it wasn't spectacular or anything, but it was BY FAR the best SW prequel ever, and I'd put it around on par w/TFA, in all remarks.

:bravo:

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

drown on Jack Daniels and deepthroat me later.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Yeah, cuz R1 ain't doing a 40m Monday. :rofl: 

(My daily chart predicts 17.7m).

That's funny, I was thinking $17.6M, so I guess my prediction is almost the same as yours. Though I like yours better, frankly. Anything over $17.5M I think is good and solid. I did some math and projections and can see Rogue One hitting $460.5M by the end of Monday, January 2nd. It was based on a $17.5M Monday and going from there. Does your chart think Monday is the low day or Wednesday or Thursday? I strongly believe Monday is the low day. I know what normal box office trends are like, and it's Wednesday or Thursday almost every time, but with almost all schools being off by Thursday I actually see Monday as the lowest day with Wednesday second lowest. I don't believe the holiday run of Rogue One will be quite "average" when it comes to many comparisons of the past. I just know that the fewest number of people are off today, and that by Thursday many, many employees and almost all schools will be out for the holidays. 

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

That's funny, I was thinking $17.6M, so I guess my prediction is almost the same as yours. Though I like yours better, frankly. Anything over $17.5M I think is good and solid. I did some math and projections and can see Rogue One hitting $460.5M by the end of Monday, January 2nd. It was based on a $17.5M Monday and going from there. Does your chart think Monday is the low day or Wednesday or Thursday? I strongly believe Monday is the low day. I know what normal box office trends are like, and it's Wednesday or Thursday almost every time, but with almost all schools being off by Thursday I actually see Monday as the lowest day with Wednesday second lowest. I don't believe the holiday run of Rogue One will be quite "average" when it comes to many comparisons of the past. I just know that the fewest number of people are off today, and that by Thursday many, many employees and almost all schools will be out for the holidays. 

I think it's going to be Wednesday because of the new releases crowding the box office for a bit 

top Playdates 16-18

all R1

1-AMC burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC
3-Regal Irvine Spectrum, Irvine CA
4-LMT Megaplex Jordan Commons, Sandy UT
5-Pac Arclight Hollywood
(also playing El CApitan & TCL Chinese Imax , all combined Mega)
6-LMT Distriict, South Jordan UT
7-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC
8-AMC disney Springs, Orlando FL
9-AMc Tysons Corner, Mclean VA
10-AMc Metreon , San Francisco
11-CM Mountain View, Mountain View CA
12-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks
13-ST Palladium , San Antonio TX
14-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto
(also Playing Dundas & Yonge combined #2)
15-Pac Arclight Pasadena
16-Regal Union Square NYC
17-Pac TCL Chinese, Hollywood CA
18-CPLX Banque Scotia, Montreal QC
19-CPLX Scotiabank, Calgary AB
20-Regal Hacienda Crossing , Dublin CA

Edited by Doctor RTH gone Rouge
  • Like 13