Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I'll go bump Baumer' s under 450 thread then.

Not required. The movie will do very well.  The drops cannot be compared to TFA. The best way to figure out a range check out 2011 when Dec. 16 was a Friday. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, SWXII said:

TFA dropped 33.8% first Monday. Will be interesting to see if this can be in that range.

Very unlikely, first SW7 had spillover from OW and 2nd less schools are out. 50% is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Not surprised to see AMC Burbank at the top. Though I was mainly just checking for Thursday previews, they were selling a LOT of tickets. Even though I didn't track a lot of sellouts, their auditoriums were very full, and most seat a good number of people as well.

ArcHollywood/El Cap/Chinese together must be MASSIVE.

ArcHollywood/El Cap/Chinese combo yeah huge, last year when they did it with TFA lets say combined it was in the millions, yeah Burbank usually does well and with the refurb increasing

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'm assuming AMC Burbank has more capacity in terms of seats compare for the Empire 25 even though the Empire has six more screens. I wished I'd gone to see a film the Arclight Hollywood or the TCL Chinese Theatre when I was in LA but was pressed for time and ended up seeing Sully at the Pacific Theatre at the Grove. 

Im surprised the Scotiabank isn't higher, that cinema is bloomin' huge. 

If your refereing to Toronto would been higher if Dundas & Yonge wasn't also playing combined it put it #2 (well 3 if you also combine Arclight Hollywood/El Cap & TCL), you don't often see  Cineplex locations that high

3 hours ago, DAR said:

I'm surprised nothing from the Chicago area ever pops up in these lists

North Stadium & River East with Navy Pier Imax do quite well

4 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Wow I am kind of surprised by the AMC Burbank to be honest. I used to go to that theater all of the time, especially before my neighborhood flagship Regal L.A. Live theater was finished. I just am surprised because there's nothing at all special about that AMC Burbank. Like it's just your average suburban theater, but it's absolutely enormous, that's probably why it's #1. The more famous, well known theaters simply don't have that much seating capacity compared to their, what, 30 screens or something? Crazy. I have been to most of the L.A. area theaters on that list anyway, which is cool.

I wonder what the top Portland area theater was. I honestly wouldn't even be able to guess, like I would want to say Lloyd because of the large IMAX screen but it's only an 11-plex, and my Bridgeport theater has 18 screens, biggest in the area, but it didn't seem THAT busy to me compared to TFA.

Yes LLoyd, Bridgport & Clackamas

• Like 6