John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

12 minutes ago, yjs said:

BOM says Tintin's first day gross was $2.3M but shows its total on its first day as $5.6M, maybe they had previews? 

anyway, if that $3.3M was from previews its 6-day total of $23.1M would be revised as $19.8M, and a x8.6 OD/6-day multi, $86M~$103M for Sing. still compelling numbers.

From BOM

The Adventures of Tintin had a somewhat slow $2.3 million debut at 3,087 locations on Wednesday, and including previous grosses from French Canada the movie has so far made $5.6 million.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yjs said:

BOM says Tintin's first day gross was $2.3M but shows its total on its first day as $5.6M, maybe they had previews? 

anyway, if that $3.3M was from previews its 6-day total of $23.1M would be revised as $19.8M, and a x8.6 OD/6-day multi, $86M~$103M for Sing. still compelling numbers.

Well, my post wasn't really serious. I don't remember what happened with Tintin's release to generate that extra $3.3m Possibly some limited engagement, though that's a huge amount. Regardless, I doubt Sing follows Tintin's path. If it hits about $10 today, I'd expect it's probably going to do about $70-$80m for the 6-day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Well, my post wasn't really serious. I don't remember what happened with Tintin's release to generate that extra $3.3m Possibly some limited engagement, though that's a huge amount. Regardless, I doubt Sing follows Tintin's path. If it hits about $10 today, I'd expect it's probably going to do about $70-$80m for the 6-day.

yeah even $75m is great for Sing, just with that $250m is almost locked.

Passengers, the sci-fi space romance starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, is projected to gross $4 million to $5 million on Wednesday from 3,478 cinemas, including $1.2 million in Tuesday previews. Sony insiders are predicting a six-day launch of $30 million to $40 million, but it could come in closer to $25 million. The movie cost $110 million to $120 million to make after tax incentives and rebates.

RIPassengers 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yjs said:

yeah even $75m is great for Sing, just with that $250m is almost locked.

Probably. I see it hitting in about the same range as Moana's final total. Although that's assuming it's actually hitting above $10m today. If it's below that, then adjust the 6-day total accordingly.

• Like 1

Just now, HesAPooka said:

Wait? we have a limited amount of likes lol?

Yes. 25. Tragic. I know. :sadben:

buy a gold account and you get unlimited likes! I felt like Oprah during that month that I had one. I was all like "here's a like for you and a like for you and a like for you and another like you for." 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Yes. 25. Tragic. I know. :sadben:

buy a gold account and you get unlimited likes! I felt like Oprah during that month that I had one. I was all like "here's a like for you and a like for you and a like for you and another like you for." 

Per day? I don't think I've ever ran out, and I think I'm pretty generous with my likes haha. Someone acknowledges my post and I'm like BAM, like for you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Per day? I don't think I've ever ran out, and I think I'm pretty generous with my likes haha. Someone acknowledges my post and I'm like BAM, like for you.

Yea it's per day haha 

im currently out of likes so I couldn't like this post. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

No I mean you literally wrote $295M by the end of this coming Monday then $335M by the end of the next. You meant $435M I assume. Your math wouldn't make it $40M over 7 days :P

I was projecting with 15M and 17M Wednesday, up to next Monday.

• Like 1