FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

They better call Saul! He can calm the masses down

Might have gotten my wires crossed from people spreading shit on Twitter, so I edited out my post. 

Either way, even if Cinnabon hasn't been doing this before, I can see why some folks got upset.  Even though I PERSONALLY agree that they shouldn't.  Always tricky these sorts of things are, especially when it's still so raw for so many people.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Episode 8 is going to be one gigantic memorial/celebration of Carrie Fisher.  It will make what happened with Paul Walker look small in comparison.  

Was crushed when I heard this news earlier as I'm sure most were. It shouldn't have come as much of a shock but it definitely did. I thought those initial headlines on Christmas sounded grim...but her family reported she was out of critical and stable so I had hope. Really sad day and a major loss. 

I completely agree with this though. I really hope we get to see Luke and Leia reunite (even if for just one scene). If they all shot a flashback with Han, that would be amazing but that might be wishing for too much.

• Like 4

I think Epi 8 may change plot to put general leia "disappear" in the wake of CF died.....terrible loss for SW community, with han solo(character) and Carrie Fisher both end up finishing in sequel trilogy, not to mention luke skywalker may also dead in sequel to reflect the death of yoda in original, so sequel trilogy may end up no lead character from OT in the end of the celebration of epi 9

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Also expect a REALLY good number from Sing today:

Pulse:

Sing

R1

R1 3D

Moana

Passengers

MT is about to update, but here is the before 'the update on the tens' update:

R1: 31.6

Sing: 30.5

Moana: 6.4

Passengers: 5.0

La La Land: 4.2

I second this, based on how work went today

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think Epi 8 may change plot to put general leia "disappear" in the wake of CF died.....terrible loss for SW community, with han solo(character) and Carrie Fisher both end up finishing in sequel trilogy, not to mention luke skywalker may also dead in sequel to reflect the death of yoda in original, so sequel trilogy may end up no lead character from OT in the end of the celebration of epi 9

That might have been the plan anyway. 

13 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

5 bucks?? What magical city is this?

6 minutes ago, MattW said:

Salt lake city, cinemark does it and there's a local chain with about a dozen locations that does too. AMC doesn't.

One of the better theaters in the Greater Sacramento region (the Palladio in Folsom) has $5 Tuesdays for non-3D movies.  The Century theater chain in town has $6.50 tickets, so we're doing pretty well in that department here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robertman2 said:

#finishtheclonewars?

This was from waaaaaaaay back earlier, but got buried with the tragic news of the day.

The Clone Wars was an animated series on Cartoon Network that was planned to go 7 to 8 seasons in length, but was stopped after/during the sixth season when George Lucas retired and Disney took over.  A lot of people have blamed Disney for it being cancelled (hence the hashtag), but the truth appears to be more complex than a simple "Disney wanted their own show and didn't want to pick up TCW".

That was certainly part of it, but TCW's ratings were already dwindling as the show got 'darker' and comments have been made that one of the reasons it lasted as long as it did was that it had an eccentric billionaire partially bankrolling it.  So Cartoon Network wasn't really interested (at the price), its ratings were failing, and Disney understandably wanted its own show (Rebels) on XD.

So a confluence of factors axed a highly serialized show as it was reaching its conclusion.  The #finishtheclonewars hashtag is the movement by folks who want to see the unproduced but still scripted/developed/worked on at some fashion episodes produced in some form or another (comic book, novel, webisode, whatever).  Whether anything ever comes of it or not, only the fates know. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

Back from a 4 pm showing of R1. Huge auditorium about 2/3 full. Audience clapped at the end - thought that was nice.

I see over 32M for R1 Monday - that is a big number.

Disney needs $111.4MM from Tues to Sat to make $3B. How close do they get?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

5 bucks?? What magical city is this?

The AMC theaters by me do that too today, for stubs members only though. Mostly how I've been seeing movies for the past several months, even did a Tuesday double feature with a friend a few weeks ago for $10. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Back from a 4 pm showing of R1. Huge auditorium about 2/3 full. Audience clapped at the end - thought that was nice.

It'll happen since Moana will add about 20M plus 2M+ from DS.

28 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

$111,349,131 to go according to my calculations (as mentioned in the 3b club thread).

Got five days to do it, so it should be able to just sneak over the line, as @druv10 said.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1